Just Another Boorish Day in T-ville

Status
Not open for further replies.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
What's also interesting is that after the man gives him a shove back, Trump turns towards the guy he shoved (and the woman next to them) and extends his neck, tightens his lips, and narrows his eyes. It looks like dominance posturing to me, and it's not at all subtle. What's he going to do next, spray the curtains with urine?

Apparently, yes.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
I don't think "boorish" is an adequate description. Repugnant, repulsive, re---something? I'm just going to reject the fact that 45 was ever part of the human species, despite that being a ridiculous assertion. Absolutely loathsome.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope not!

Uncouth, crass, vulgar, boorish--all those descriptions apply. But given that he's POTUS, the problem is way worse than it is when we encounter such a person in a bar, or even in our workplaces or families.

Terrifying is an appropriate word. And while it's horribly cliched to say this, I can't help wondering about the bad message that's being sent to younger people (or people of all ages, really). We try so hard to teach them that integrity, honesty, respect for others and all that are desirable traits and that bad behavior and dishonesty will catch up with you eventually. But if Trump and his cronies continue to get their way and run roughshod over everyone else, then it becomes clear that corruption pays and that believing "alternative facts" works.

Last edited:

kaylim

Registered
Reaction score
If it was just Trump alone, I wouldn't be as worried but he's inspired people to act like idiots and feel superior doing it. Its been like this for awhile but it just got upgraded to super-saiyan levels of insanity. Its like those trolls that you see spewing racist stuff on youtube and twitter suddenly got inspired to work together to impose their ignorance on everyone.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If it was just Trump alone, I wouldn't be as worried but he's inspired people to act like idiots and feel superior doing it. Its been like this for awhile but it just got upgraded to super-saiyan levels of insanity. Its like those trolls that you see spewing racist stuff on youtube and twitter suddenly got inspired to work together to impose their ignorance on everyone.
And then there are those people in Trump's Cabinet.

Watch the Commerce Secretary rave about protester-free Saudi Arabia (where protesters are beheaded)

Even when the newscaster reminds him protests are suppressed, he dismisses that and talks about how accommodating everyone in Saudi was. They gave him dates.

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
President Trump is a reflection of American values and it should come to no surprise that such a crisp reflection might one day present a symbolic manifestation of how the United States views its allies and treats other countries.

That statement is wrong and insulting. Tens of millions of Americans are horrified and appalled by the actions, morals and values of Donald Trump. Look at the size of the multiple protests that have been happening since his inauguration. Look at how many people are calling for investigations into his alleged criminal and treasonous activities. How many people are fighting for the poor, elderly, disabled and the environment.

Donald Trump represents a vocal group, yes. But a reflection of American values-NO.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Heck, anyone remember that billboard with George "W" Bush's pic that said: "Miss me yet?"

I think I do.

To quote the Wicked Witch of the West, "What a world!"

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Heck, anyone remember that billboard with George "W" Bush's pic that said: "Miss me yet?"

I think I do.

To quote the Wicked Witch of the West, "What a world!"

They made a meme of that billboard

Link

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
President Trump is a reflection of American values and it should come to no surprise that such a crisp reflection might one day present a symbolic manifestation of how the United States views its allies and treats other countries.

That statement is wrong and insulting. Tens of millions of Americans are horrified and appalled by the actions, morals and values of Donald Trump. Look at the size of the multiple protests that have been happening since his inauguration. Look at how many people are calling for investigations into his alleged criminal and treasonous activities. How many people are fighting for the poor, elderly, disabled and the environment.

Donald Trump represents a vocal group, yes. But a reflection of American values-NO.

Three million more Americans voted for the other candidate.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It looks like dominance posturing to me, and it's not at all subtle. What's he going to do next, spray the curtains with urine?

Gotta mark his territory. Real Alpha Male stuff. C'mere, Melania... :e2brows:

Reminds me of the time when Donald Trump asked, "You know the difference between a chickpea and a garbanzo bean? I've never had a garbanzo bean on my face."

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
Three million more Americans voted for the other candidate.
Of all the candidates the GOP could have put forward for the '16 elections, Trumps was the chosen one. That alone is hard to explain.

-cb

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Of all the candidates the GOP could have put forward for the '16 elections, Trumps was the chosen one. That alone is hard to explain.

-cb

This is just my opinion, but I don't think it is hard to explain. There are many reasons and they combined into a political maelstrom. We live is a celebrity obsessed society. Trump is a celebrity. We have millions of people enraged that the country elected a black man president, a woman may have been next. Racism and misogyny are alive and well in the US. Trump was bombastic about playing the blame game, it's the immigrants' fault, it's the black president's fault, it's the loud white woman's fault, it's the Muslims' fault. Too many people love having someone else to blame. Trump gave them many to blame and promised "he alone could fix it"

Last edited:

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
Between Melania making it plain just how much she hates her husbands stinking guts and his tiny hands (who knows where they have been!), we already know Donny has a problem shaking hands.

Well, he got OWNED today by French President Emmanuel Macron. There can only be one and you are not that one.

It's actually hilarious (like much of the dark satire world Trump has created). World leaders are now aware of his "yank the other guy's hand and throw him off balance! WINNING!" handshake, and are fighting back.

I suspect they may actually have practice sessions before hand. "Yves, you've watched the videotape of Trump, so when you clasp my hand, yank backwards, and I'll counter it ... oops, sorry, Yves. Can I help you off the floor?"

cornflake

Registered
Reaction score
It's actually hilarious (like much of the dark satire world Trump has created). World leaders are now aware of his "yank the other guy's hand and throw him off balance! WINNING!" handshake, and are fighting back.

I suspect they may actually have practice sessions before hand. "Yves, you've watched the videotape of Trump, so when you clasp my hand, yank backwards, and I'll counter it ... oops, sorry, Yves. Can I help you off the floor?"

In case you missed it -- Hillary, during debate prep, practiced dodging Trump's weird clutching hugs. Sometimes comically. That's a twit by her debate prep partner (who played Trump), posting video of her fleeing his insistent embrace, to audience glee. It's real, and he apparently had her blessing to share it - she retweeted it later with this:

I burst out laughing when I saw this video this morning. Hope it brightens your day. https://t.co/CEcdoaQUuC

— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) May 19, 2017

Last edited:

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
This is just my opinion, but I don't think it is hard to explain. There are many reason and the combined into a political maelstrom. We live is a celebrity obsessed society. Trump is a celebrity. We have millions of people enraged that the country elected a black man president, a woman may have been next. Racism and misogyny are alive and well in the US. Trump was bombastic about playing the blame game, it's the immigrants' fault, it's the black president's fault, it's the loud white woman's fault, it's the Muslims' fault. Too many people love having someone else to blame. Trump gave them many to blame and promised "he alone could fix it"
We're talking about political-savvy delegates of a major party, not the general population. They had 16 other potent options to choose from. Why pick the lame duckling? It blows every logical argument.

-cb

cornflake

Registered
Reaction score
We're talking about political-savvy delegates of a major party, not the general population. They had 16 other potent options to choose from. Why pick the lame duckling? It blows every logical argument.

-cb

Politically-savvy delegates? They're often just delegates, and he won the primaries, what're they supposed to do? I don't know how many are bound vs. not but the number of unbound delegates anyplace who go rogue has always been very low.

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
Politically-savvy delegates? They're often just delegates, and he won the primaries, what're they supposed to do? I don't know how many are bound vs. not but the number of unbound delegates anyplace who go rogue has always been very low.
Delegates or whoever voted for them. They are GOP-specific, no? Point is, the GOP has put in place Trump as its point man when it had many other valid choices.

-cb

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Delegates or whoever voted for them. They are GOP-specific, no? Point is, the GOP has put in place Trump as its point man when it had many other valid choices.

-cb

During the primaries, the people voted for Trump, giving him the delegates he needed to take the nomination.

One thing the whole Trump/Russia issue has shed light on is how many Republicans are invested in Rosneft. Perhaps that is the answer. They saw him lifting Obama's sanctions and making a good profit for themselves. So why undermine him? Let him get elected, lift the sanctions and then if he implodes and gets impeached, who cares.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

-cb
Billions of dollars worth of free airtime playing every single Trump rally live in full explains a lot.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
During the primaries, the people voted for Trump, giving him the delegates he needed to take the nomination.

One thing the whole Trump/Russia issue has shed light on is how many Republicans are invested in Rosneft. Perhaps that is the answer. They saw him lifting Obama's sanctions and making a good profit for themselves. So why undermine him? Let him get elected, lift the sanctions and then if he implodes and gets impeached, who cares.

It might shine a light on why Eastern Europeans and Russians have had much of a problem with the mass-privatisation of their industries following the fall of the Iron Curtain. The mass-privatisation jeopardised their security and now that they (at least Russia) have figured out how to secure themselves against retributions to a certain level.

Status
Not open for further replies.