Just Another Boorish Day in T-ville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
This isn't so much boorish as it is terrifying but the North Korea thread's been closed:

Trump tweets threats to North Korea

Just heard Foreign Minister of North Korea speak at U.N. If he echoes thoughts of Little Rocket Man, they won't be around much longer!

We may be needing a new North Korea thread.

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
I think Twitter really doesn't have a grasp what's going on. We may end up having a nuclear war because of Trump's unofficial Twitter feed.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
According to the departed Sean Spicer, Trump's twitter pronouncements are, by default of their origin, official policy statements.

caw

Well then he can be impeached, yes, because only Congress can declare war. Please, please, please...

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Just had to post this, 45s comment on the Puerto Rico situation:

"As far as Puerto Rico is concerned ... we have had tremendous reviews from government officials, as we have in Texas and Louisiana," Trump told reporters.

caw

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
It appears that Trump really doesn't know the difference between governing and running a tv show. He is obsessed with ratings and reviews, just as if this were nothing more than an entertainment spectacle. I'm not sure if this is entirely how he's always viewed the world, or if the cheese is slowly slipping off the cracker and he thinks he's playing president in the same way Michael Douglas did.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
It appears that Trump really doesn't know the difference between governing and running a tv show. He is obsessed with ratings and reviews, just as if this were nothing more than an entertainment spectacle. I'm not sure if this is entirely how he's always viewed the world, or if the cheese is slowly slipping off the cracker and he thinks he's playing president in the same way Michael Douglas did.

Textbook narcissist behavior. DSM VI will probably have his picture as a reference. He does not care (or more accurately, he cannot care) what the newspapers say about him, as long as his name is in the front page. In a certain way, it's good that he's getting all the spotlight he wants. I shudder to think what he'd do if he feels ignored. Remember, pardoning Arpaio and bombing Syria were all because he wanted to turn big news into Trump news.

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
Just had to post this, 45s comment on the Puerto Rico situation:

"As far as Puerto Rico is concerned ... we have had tremendous reviews from government officials, as we have in Texas and Louisiana," Trump told reporters.

caw

"Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job."[SUP]10[/SUP]

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trump went down to Alabama (reluctantly) to tell voters to back Luther Strange in his quest to replace Jeff Sessions in the Senate.

It didn't work out that way as Alabama Republicans selected Roy Moore, a religious fanatic so far to the Right he makes Ted Cruz look like Kathy Griffin. If Moore beats his Democratic opponent (duh!), it will be a pimp slap to both Trump and Mitch McConnell, so there is that.

It didn't take Trump long to pivot and claim, "I know him not" and delete his tweets supporting Strange.

The gutless turd.

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
That's one of the legitimately funniest things Trump has done. "Strange? No, I never supported Strange. There's nothing to prove I did."

It does make me feel sorry for his kids, though. Narcissistic parents often drive their kids mad by changing history. "I told you to sign up for advanced calculus, even though the teacher told you that you should take remedial math? I never did any such thing!" While I don't like his children, I suspect they've had a rough childhood.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
The mentality involved in deleting these tweets is genuinely disturbing. 45 seems to actually believe that once the tweets are deleted, they never existed. The absence of connection to reality is . . . unsettling . . . at best.

caw

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Last edited:

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
“"It's been total devastation, but I think it's going really well, considering. The loss of life, it’s always tragic. But it’s been incredible. The results that we’ve had with respect to loss of life. People can’t believe how successful that has been, relatively speaking.”

Not a joke, he actually said that.

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
Stop the presses!

This just in from the President's Twitter account:

(It's sparked a very long thread.)

Well, at least he'll stop attacking the mayor and whine about press coverage soon, as he'll be hitting the golf course again.

These are the tweets that followed the one Helix posted:

Such poor leadership ability by the Mayor of San Juan, and others in Puerto Rico, who are not able to get their workers to help. They....

...want everything to be done for them when it should be a community effort. 10,000 Federal workers now on Island doing a fantastic job.

The military and first responders, despite no electric, roads, phones etc., have done an amazing job. Puerto Rico was totally destroyed.

Fake News CNN and NBC are going out of their way to disparage our great First Responders as a way to "get Trump." Not fair to FR or effort!

Status
Not open for further replies.