Just Another Boorish Day in T-ville

Status
Not open for further replies.

efreysson

Closer than ever
Registered
Reaction score
What amazes me is people keep doing it, keep telling him how great he is and towing the line. No one at that cabinet meeting said, "no" and refused to pander to his delusions of grandeur. Sure, they wanted to keep their jobs, but really, this is beyond sickening.

Yes. Honestly, don't these people have ANY damn pride?

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pride shmide. I wish someone in there would show a glimmer of ethics or honesty.
I give you a glimmer.

So apparently the only man with a teensy bit of integrity at the meeting was Mattis who praised the troops in lieu of praising Trump. It also turns out that's not the only thing he's refusing to do:

Mattis turned down White House calls to go on ‘Fox & Friends’
Defense Secretary James Mattis has been turning down regular requests by White House aides to appear on "Fox & Friends," the New York Times reported Monday.

Mattis has reportedly been asked weekly to give an interview Fox News's morning show, which strongly backs President Trump.

Last edited:

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
I give you a glimmer.

So apparently the only man with a teensy bit of integrity at the meeting was Mattis who praised the troops in lieu of praising Trump. It also turns out that's not the only thing he's refusing to do:

Mattis turned down White House calls to go on ‘Fox & Friends’

Defense Secretary James Mattis has been turning down regular requests by White House aides to appear on "Fox & Friends," the New York Times reported Monday.

Mattis has reportedly been asked weekly to give an interview Fox News's morning show, which strongly backs President Trump.

A glimmer indeed!

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trump administration eliminates funding for group countering white nationalism
Picciolini previously told ThinkProgress, however, that the group feared its grant [awarded under the Obama admin] would be rescinded after Reuters reported that Trump planned to rebrand the CVE program to focus solely on terrorism carried out by groups that claim to be Islamic, and wouldn’t target far-right and white supremacist groups.

“It sends a message that white extremism does not exist, or is not a priority in our country, when in fact it is a statistically larger and more present terror threat than any by foreign or other domestic actors,” Picciolini said at the time.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Let me guess, because white nationalism is a myth, or a very small threat compared to the "evil Islamists.".....
It's worse than that.

Mother Jones: I Met the White Nationalist Who Says Trump Made Him Rough Up a Protester
We are reminded of the Trump campaign.
His case reveals the far right's symbiotic relationship with the president....

For once, liberals and white supremacists agree on something: President Donald Trump’s rhetoric incites right-wing violence. On Monday, Matthew Heimbach, a notorious 26-year-old white nationalist who was filmed shoving an African American woman at a Trump campaign rally in March 2016, filed a lawsuit claiming that he had simply been acting “pursuant to the directives and requests of” Trump himself...

Back in March/WA Po: Donald Trump, Steve King — and some very happy white nationalists
This powerful fear of racial diversity explains why King, always a provocateur (he spoke of immigrants with “calves the size of cantaloupes” from drug-running), feels safe being more overtly racist (and why GOP leaders have been timid in response).

On Sunday, tweeting his approval of far-right Dutch politician Geert Wilders, King wrote: “We can’t restore our civilization with somebody else’s babies.”

He defended his remarks Monday on CNN, calling Western civilization “a superior culture,” and, in an Iowa radio interview, he predicted that “Hispanics and the blacks will be fighting each other” before whites lose their majority.

King, naturally, favors keeping Jackson on the $20 bill and said putting Tubman on the currency would be “racist.”

Bannon's white supremacy beliefs are no secret and the fact he's in Trump's inner circle is telling.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here's more of the same: HuffPo: Donald Trump Energy Appointee’s Deleted Tweets Are A Hateful Mess
Bradford, whom President Donald Trump recently appointed to lead the department’s Office of Indian Energy Policy and Programs, was forced to issue an apology after The Washington Post revealed his disparaging remarks about women and various ethnic and religious groups on Thursday.

His tweets, written last year, attacked high-profile figures on the basis of their ethnic and religious heritage and defended the wartime incarceration of Japanese-Americans, among other things.

In a December 2016 tweet, Bradford referred to former President Barack Obama as a “Kenyan creampuff.” In another tweet, he dubiously claimed Obama might refuse to leave The White House at the end of his presidential term and suggested a “military coup” could be necessary to remove him.

These are the people Trump has surrounded himself with.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Bannon's white supremacy beliefs are no secret and the fact he's in Trump's inner circle is telling.

Agreed, which is why I think it's sinister and not just stupidity or buffoonery.

I also worry, though, that Trump is cognitively and/or emotionally abnormal. I'm no therapist, and I know the APA frowns on remote diagnoses in any case, but something just doesn't seem right with that man. We can only speculate from afar about what it might be, but his behavior is pretty darned erratic and weird. Whatever the underlying cause, be it pathology or theatrics, I find it scary that someone whose behavior and demeanor lie so far outside of the appearance of professionalism and competence (and emotional self control) could be popular with so many. This is aside from specific politics. I'd be alarmed by a liberal who spoke and acted the way Trump does.

It appears that many (the thirty something percent who approve of his performance thus far) think his affect and behavior are normal and reasonable, possibly even praiseworthy.

It's entirely possible that he's got a very sinister agenda as well as being broken in some way, of course, or that his sinister agenda could have grown from his brokenness. As I understand it, Trump wasn't always this right wing.

Last edited:

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Donald Trump has this reputation, among his acolytes, for being brilliant. Yet, on the obvious evidence of his galaxy of tweets and public rants, he has a very limited knowledge of the English language. I very much doubt that he even knows what the word "boor" means, or even that it exists. That kind of thing alone is for me symptom of a really bad mind.

caw

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
From the files in the bottomless pit: Donald Trump's Tax Returns And The Empty Jewelry Box Scam
Back in 1986 and likely for many years before, Donald Trump colluded in tax evasion with Bulgari Jewelry Store in New York, a high-end posh location with tony clientele right out of Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. Here's how the scam worked:

Trump would go into the store with his wife, his girlfriend, his...whatever (to use his vernacular). He would then buy her an expensive necklace or wristwatch. Normally, such a transaction would face the New York city and state sales tax, which would be pretty high on luxury jewelry.

In an illegal attempt to evade the tax, Trump "asked" the store to instead ship the jewelry to an out of state location, where no New York sales tax could be collected. In fact, the store would merely send an empty jewelry box to the location, while Trump and his lady friends walked out the door with the jewelry that very day.

And true to Trump:
The state and city tax collectors eventually caught onto this scheme, and Trump promptly testified against his erstwhile tax evasion colluding partners at the jewelry store in order to save his own skin.

Only little people pay taxes.

Last edited:

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Yet another lower-than-anyone-could-imagine moment for this man. I don't even want to link to it because it makes me physically ill. Name-calling, attacking in the most grade-school way possible. Senators calling him out on social media.

Anyone who said, "maybe he'll rise to the office, give him a chance" before the election or in the immediate aftermath needs to wash their mouth out with soap and offer a public mea culpa. (This includes my son, BTW. He'll be handed the soap before he gets one bite of Sunday dinner.) We all knew what we were getting. I didn't imagine it would get lower, but then, I've always had trouble imagining a bottomless pit.

Last edited:

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
What a lousy excuse for a human being, let alone a president.

How can any reasonable person still support him? I don't even comprehend.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The GOP condemnation of this disgusting man is finally growing, though not enough. Paul Ryan had a milquetoast response.

Last edited:

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The GOP condemnation of this disgusting man is finally growing, though not enough. Paul Ryan had a milquetoast response.

You'll excuse me if I can't conceal my excitement about the intensity of the GOP condemnation. :e2yawn:

If boasting about grabbing women by their private parts didn't do the trick to get the GOP to Dump Trump, why would talking shit about Mika Brezinski?

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
That is pathetic. Imagine if every president responded this way to people who criticized him on a show he claimed not to watch. Attacking people's looks and bragging about some mean girl you-can't-sit-with-us bullshit.

M Louise

Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes I forget the irrational revulsion and loathing at the heart of misogyny, the atavistic pathology there.

That comment months back on Megyn Kelly possibly menstruating: “There was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever.”

Now Mika Brzezinski: “bleeding badly from a face-lift.”

Attacking women for being women, for having normal bodily functions, for being in pain or bleeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.