Just Another Boorish Day in T-ville

Status
Not open for further replies.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
When you elect the guy who admitted to abusing his power to perv on naked women who thought they were in a protected area and complimenting 14-year-old girls on their singing by telling him he would date them in a couple of years (limiting myself to two examples), this is what you get.
This is why they don't want him in England, and why they've kept sending Katie and Camilla out of the country this year - so it won't look too obvious when they're not available to mee... be anywhere near him.
As for the Queen herself, she's in her 90's, she also has bodyguards, and, if worse comes to worse, I'd bet that Prince Philip has one punch left in him. He may yet get to cross 'hitting a foreign leader' off his bucket list.
Besides, the Queen has been shaking hands since she was a princess. She may show Trump a thing or two about sneaky tricks.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
I think the handshake with Mrs. Macron when he first arrived was much worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsWTA7165_M

Seriously, that's practically assault in my book. She looks like she's obviously trying to back away, while he yanks on the hand he's holding, then grabs her other arm...

What a disgusting piece...

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if she knows a thing or three about HTH combat...
And has been waiting, through the decades, for the chance. But up 'til now, everyone's been so damned polite. And the bodyguards have been so veddy efficient. Even Micheal Fagan was no real bother.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
I think the handshake with Mrs. Macron when he first arrived was much worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsWTA7165_M

Seriously, that's practically assault in my book. She looks like she's obviously trying to back away, while he yanks on the hand he's holding, then grabs her other arm...

What a disgusting piece...

Yeah, and all that oozing about what good shape she was in and how beautiful. It would be bad enough if he were a drooling older relative we had to put up with during the holidays, someone we all tolerated because we knew he wasn't quite right in the head and it was only once a year, but this man is President of the US. Nearly half of those who voted voted for him. This still makes me want to cry (or vomit, as I nearly did on election night).

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
19989588_10155302455075280_7555052252424980707_n.jpg

What an odd way to register a sex offender to local law enforcement. Thanks for the heads up.

-cb

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
And, Japan's First Lady finds a solution to conversing with Trump: http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...onald-trump/ar-AAovjMO?li=AAggFp5&OCID=FIRPLC
Akie Abe, wife of the Japanese Prime Minister, spent a whole dinner sitting next to D. Trump, and parrying any attempt at conversation by politely indicating that she spoke no English.
In spite of her being well-known for her fluent English, and having previously met the Trumps, it worked, because what can Trump say? I doubt he's willing to admit that people want to ignore or shun him.

Technophobe

Registered
Reaction score
How long ago did she meet the Trumps? Because since a thing being "well-known" doesn't mean he has any idea, if the meeting was long enough ago it wouldn't shock me if he actually doesn't know she speaks English just fine.

I also won't be shocked if, when he does find out, he tries to save face by claiming he knew all along and that was just a joke the two of them played just to stir up the 'fake news'.

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And, Japan's First Lady finds a solution to conversing with Trump: http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...onald-trump/ar-AAovjMO?li=AAggFp5&OCID=FIRPLC
Akie Abe, wife of the Japanese Prime Minister, spent a whole dinner sitting next to D. Trump, and parrying any attempt at conversation by politely indicating that she spoke no English.
In spite of her being well-known for her fluent English, and having previously met the Trumps, it worked, because what can Trump say? I doubt he's willing to admit that people want to ignore or shun him.

I died when I saw that. Wonder how many politicians read that and are now going, "Hmmm, why didn't I think of that?"

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com

A few things:

1 - Whoever invited him had to have expected something along these lines. Which, along with the numerous cheers he reportedly elicited, leads to the further conclusion that this is in line with the will and agenda of the Boy Scouts of America.

2 - Boy Scouts has always struck me as a right-leaning outfit anyway, as witness their issues with homosexuality, further lessening the shock value of this for me.

3 - Many, including me, see chilling echoes with another populist leader firing up brown-shirted boys with his skewed national politics...

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A few things:

1 - Whoever invited him had to have expected something along these lines. Which, along with the numerous cheers he reportedly elicited, leads to the further conclusion that this is in line with the will and agenda of the Boy Scouts of America.

2 - Boy Scouts has always struck me as a right-leaning outfit anyway, as witness their issues with homosexuality, further lessening the shock value of this for me.

3 - Many, including me, see chilling echoes with another populist leader firing up brown-shirted boys with his skewed national politics...

Occam's Razor says people (as in the event organizers) keep expecting Trump to be normal. Trump is not normal.

As for indoctrinating youth, I doubt Trump's narcissistic absorption in himself is the kind of speech that is likely to accomplish such a goal with 30,000 Boy Scouts.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Daily Show just put together a side by side montage showing Scaramucci and Trump with multiple matching hand gestures. :roll:

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
A few things:

To be fair, just like throwing the first pitch at the World Series and pardoning turkeys, there's a long tradition of presidents speaking at Boy Scout Jamborees. While I'm not surprised DT made an ass of himself (does he ever do anything else? Seriously... has he done ONE thing with poise and panache since taking office?), the invitation itself was sent as a matter of course. (I wouldn't be surprised if there were some parents behind the scenes hoping like hell he'd decline to attend). The remarkable thing would be if they had broken with tradition and NOT invited him.

Last edited:

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
He mentioned his friend, who worked so hard and got a yacht, and..."well, he had fun on it, let's just say that." It was an orgy. He's digressing in his speech to BOY SCOUTS to talk about how his friend worked hard, got a yacht and had a sex party on board!!

Also, MaeZe, there wasn't a link in your post so here's one for those who want a chuckle at lunch.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
He mentioned his friend, who worked so hard and got a yacht, and..."well, he had fun on it, let's just say that." It was an orgy. He's digressing in his speech to BOY SCOUTS to talk about how his friend worked hard, got a yacht and had a sex party on board!!

Also, MaeZe, there wasn't a link in your post so here's one for those who want a chuckle at lunch.

Which friend? Epstein?

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That should say, "spokesperson(s) for the boy scouts defend Trump". I doubt 30,000 kids from all over the country come from Trump supporting families and chances are good most of them at that age reflect their parents' politics. I imagine more than a few parents were disgusted by the speech.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
This has some of the "best" quotes from the boy scout speech, helpfully annotated --

5. "Some of you here tonight might even have camped out in this yard when Mike was the governor of Indiana, but the scouting was very, very important."
Your guess is as good as mine.

13. "Oh, you're Boy Scouts, but you know life. You know life. So -- look at you."
???????

16. "I saw him at a cocktail party, and it was very sad because the hottest people in New York were at this party."
Again, Trump is speaking to a crowd of teenagers. And recounting his glory days in New York City high society -- decades before they were even born.

23. "But then Wisconsin came in. Many, many years -- Michigan came in."
"Many, many years."

25. "So I have to tell you what we did, in all fairness, is an unbelievable tribute to you and all of the other millions and millions of people that came out and voted for Make America Great Again."
Most of the people who were in the audience weren't 18 in 2016 and, therefore, did not vote to Make America Great Again.

26. "And by the way, under the Trump administration, you'll be saying 'Merry Christmas' again when you go shopping. Believe me. 'Merry Christmas.'"
Trump gave this speech on July 24.

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
To be fair to the Scouts, up until this presidency it was not an unfair assumption that the President, no matter what his party, would come and make a nice, non-partisan speech. I can't imagine any president before Trump who wouldn't have understood that this was a time to talk about the Scouts, not about himself.

Of course, I don't think any president before Trump would have made references to high society cocktail parties and yacht monkey business in front of an audience of mostly teens.

Status
Not open for further replies.