Hey There, Australian Writer Living in Sweden!

brewignall

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys! As my thread title suggests, I'm an Australian writer who moved to Sweden, and as such, I don't have a ton of friends, and it would be really cool if I could make some more friends who are also interested in writing, as those can be kinda hard to come by in real life! I'd love to hear more about any of you guys, what sort of genres/styles you write in, and what your current goals/hopes are with your writing!

Thanks so much!
Bre

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Anna Iguana

reading all the things
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Bre. I write fantasy and adult contemporary. You could also describe me as writing women's fiction. (I'm on the fence about whether that category pigeonholes female writers unnecessarily, reinforces objectionable norms, or helps me find my people--yay!--which is why I also say adult contemporary.)

Welcome. :snoopy:

And, what do you write? :)

brewignall

Registered
Reaction score
Ooh that sounds very interesting! It's always good to find people who are in your target audience! ^_^ I am currently writing a historical fantasy novella set in Salem (loosely based off the Salem witch trials) as a tangent from the YA Sci Fi book I'm outlining :D

Thanks so much for the welcome message! I'm still a bit unsure how forums work, especially such a big one, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it!

Anna Iguana

reading all the things
Registered
Reaction score
I just sent you a garbled rep message. (Thanks, tiny cell phone keyboard.) Your project sounds interesting; welcome again.

Mary Mitchell

Go down road, go pub.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. Thriller/Mystery here. To explore, just keep clicking stuff. There are no clicks that accidentally make bombs go off or let people watch you in the bathtub through your webcam.

Thirstyrover

Registered
Reaction score
Howzat from South Africa.

The book you are working on sounds interesting. It's mindboggling how big this forum is. I got lost in here yesterday and still searching for a way out.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
More Aussies! Yayy! I swear we're going to take over this place one day. Welcome to the Cooler.

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
*cough*

Frank - you're derailing OP's thread.

*tsk*

ETA: me --> :2angel:

Jeepers. :D What fun are intro threads if they can't be derailed?

Apologies, OP!

Did you take a bountiful supply of Vegemite to Sweden with you?

eta: It takes two to tango derail, macca!

Last edited:

Beanie5

Live a poem...Or die a fool. \/
Registered
Reaction score
Hej bro min x-gifta svenska var ar du. Australian through and through though, fantasy writer, myself
p.s. why?
p.p.s. I can link u up with some tim tams if you're desperate

Last edited: