• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

BookRazor

Daffyjkl

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone used BookRazor? And what are the results like? As far as I can see, I would need to list similar books with plenty of reviews and then send emails using their templates to get reviews. Do the books have to be discounted or free? Thanks in advance.

EvieDriver

Registered
Reaction score
Website
eviedriver.com
The idea is to give them a selection of books with over 1000 reviews (bestsellers, generally) in your genre. I imagine this gives them plenty to work with. I've read a lot of testimonials, but would be interested in hearing a personal story here. I'm also considering using this service for when I need to publish my book. Ultimately, this service varies. It cannot garuntee success for EVERYONE all the time. It sounds like a great way to find interested readers!

Daffyjkl

Registered
Reaction score
It sounds promising, but I would prefer it if they sent the emails. I'll think about this one and maybe give it a try. I would also like to hear from someone with first hand experience.

BookRazor

Registered
Reaction score
Hey there, Dane from BookRazor here.

As Evie said, your mileage may vary when using our service. I'm in constant communication with all of our clients, and there are so many variables to consider with regards to a response rate, such as the similar books submitted, the headline of the email sent, to even the book genre itself.

With that being said, I do offer a 100% guarantee on all our services, so even if you try it out and are dissatisfied with the results (whatever the reason may be), I'll gladly refund your payment.

Lastly, we used to send out the emails on behalf of the author, but we've found it to be more well-received when the author personally does this. You can develop a relationship with these contacts, which may come in handy if you write a sequel in the same vertical or have an ARC, and your list, while maybe a one-time purchase from us, can be used over and over again.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm moving this thread to Bewares and Recommendations, since it's about a specific service rather than general discussion.