Twin Peaks--The Return

Cernex

Registered
Reaction score
Ya' know, I think I've realized something after this last episode: I'm starting to warm up towards Dougie, and no longer mind THAT much that Coop is still not around. Maybe it was the "Them too" line. Mind you, he's still a walking pile of contrived coincidences, but that's... like, kindda his appeal, I guess.

Also, Ed sure is depressed.

Still want Coop back eventually, however.

Last edited:

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
me too! I do miss the original Cooper, but I am enjoying how he is still able to do so much with just a little help from the Lodge.

And I found myself rooting for evil Cooper during the arm wrestling match.

aleighrose

Registered
Reaction score
Website
aleighrose.webs.com
Yes. She is in the hospital with a nurse. She is suddenly conscious and says what she says to Laura. Then she dies. This is, I assume, the reason Mark Frost said that Lana Budding Milford, officially the worst character in Twin Peaks, won the Miss Twin Peaks contest. Because Annie did die. And Hawk recently confirmed this.

Okay, I have seen that clip. It doesn't look like Annie dies but becomes unresponsive again after saying what she said to Laura. It also seems like the latest episode confirmed the multiple realities theory. All versions of Hawk, Bobby, and Frank Truman converged when Andy reappeared from the White Lodge. So I'm not counting Annie out yet.

I also get a little tired of Dougie every now and then, but I still find him humorous. I think Dougie would be more appreciated by people who have never seen the original series and therefore have no ties to the old Dale Cooper because he actually is a funny character, but it's difficult for those who care about him to watch him be so helpless and unaware of everything.

Cernex

Registered
Reaction score
So, after the electrocution, yay or nay on Cooper coming back, finally?

aleighrose

Registered
Reaction score
Website
aleighrose.webs.com
I think he's coming back. Someone pointed out that the outlets in the purple room where Naido was contained the numbers 3 and 15. Cooper went through the one labeled "3" in the third episode. Maybe he'll come back through the one labeled "15" since he tried to go back through the outlet in episode 15.

Laurasaurus

Registered
Reaction score
I think he's coming back. Someone pointed out that the outlets in the purple room where Naido was contained the numbers 3 and 15. Cooper went through the one labeled "3" in the third episode. Maybe he'll come back through the one labeled "15" since he tried to go back through the outlet in episode 15.
Oh my GOD. Of course! I've been trying to figure out what those two numbers meant. It's so flipping obvious now you say it.
Hope so anyway! Need the old Coop back.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I have seen that clip. It doesn't look like Annie dies but becomes unresponsive again after saying what she said to Laura. It also seems like the latest episode confirmed the multiple realities theory. All versions of Hawk, Bobby, and Frank Truman converged when Andy reappeared from the White Lodge. So I'm not counting Annie out yet.

I also get a little tired of Dougie every now and then, but I still find him humorous. I think Dougie would be more appreciated by people who have never seen the original series and therefore have no ties to the old Dale Cooper because he actually is a funny character, but it's difficult for those who care about him to watch him be so helpless and unaware of everything.

You know, this is probably true. He's actually very entertaining, and Kyle McLachlin is brilliant in the role. It only bothers us because we've been missing him for so many years. I think Kyle deserves an Emmy for his work on this season.

aleighrose

Registered
Reaction score
Website
aleighrose.webs.com
It was a bit demoralizing, though. I mean, I don't expect them to ever defeat all the evil in the Twin Peaks universe, but the good guys can't seem to get even one win. And we never did find out what was up with Audrey. It seemed like she was still in a coma, but it also seemed like Mother/Judy was manipulating that coma to feed off of her or something. Overall, it was kind of a non-resolution. Everyone and everything is still in danger and we don't know what happens, like in the season 2 finale. It was like Lynch and Frost were saying, "We know the original finale had you guys talking and theorizing for 25 years, so here's another ambiguous and disturbing ending to occupy your minds for the next 25 years." It was a good ending; it was just harsh as hell.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
It was open ended, but not a cliffhanger. It was everything I would have wanted from the new season, but I realize not everyone feels that way. It was mostly about the Lodge and how it affected everything, and very little of the small town soap opera, and not too much of Audrey and her drama.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
I am hoping it will be available on Netflix. The original seasons were fascinating and I would really like to see the new one. :p