Writing Workshop series idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brave Sir Robin

Registered
Reaction score
There was a similar post I read recently, asking if an idea for a series of books would work. I'd love thoughts on whether this might work.

The project is Miranda Malone's Writing Workshop. I have nearly completed Book One, with work done on several others. My ultimate plan is for the first book to cover the week preceding the workshop, and for the proceeding books to cover each day of the workshop. I am shooting for 50-60k for each book.

The concept originates from a love of stories. Telling stories, listening to stories, writing stories. Each book will be filled with examples of Miranda's, and the workshop participants' writing. Full short stories, some flash fiction, discussing story problems, building a story from the ground up, critiquing stories. The reader will get sort of a behind-the-scenes look into how writers (at least some writers) create a story. The reader gets to attend to the workshop with the writers, hear them discuss fellow writers' works, get some writing tips.

I know a book series is not a pitch. And I know that each book needs, at least to some extent, its own story arc. And I also know that there is a lot of wisdom on this board. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on my project.

Thanks in advance.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
You've started another thread about this elsewhere. Please don't start multiple threads about the same subject. I'm going to lock this one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.