Likes from Pakistan?

Catherine

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a Facebook page and a Twitter account. I’m not very active on either. I have 14 likes on my FB and 10 of them are from Pakistan. On Twitter, I have 23 followers and 5 are from the Philippines.

Has anyone experienced something similar? It seems odd, especially the FB likes. I’ve been getting a “like” from Pakistan every few days since my last post. The FB pages from which the likes come seem fake too.

Btw, I’m in the U.S.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I am fairly sure that they're spammers.

There are some traffic driving and link upgrading "SEO" reasons for doing that.

They're kinda stupid reasons, in the long view, but spammers don't care.

Catherine

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I thought it was odd. Thanks for the info.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My first thought was spammers too. I get a lot of connection invites from that part of the world on LinkedIn. In those cases, I think they are connecting to anyone just to connect and aren't strictly spammers as such. Some of the "making the most of LinkedIn" sesions pretty much encourage this. However, a few quality connections you nurture is much better than thousands you have just to have.

Catherine

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the article link, I plan to check it out.

Ha! I did have someone from Russia follow me on twitter. Do you recommend blocking or banning the people from Pakistan?

Venavis

Semi-benevolent overlord
Registered
Reaction score
Website
venavis.blog
Sometimes you'd be surprised. When I started on Deviant Art and then set up my blog, I was a little shocked to find 75% of my readership is in various European countries. I'm actually talking to a Europe based agent instead of a US one for that reason.