AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [No longer looking!] Seeking Betas for first 9.5k words of Urban Fantasy! :)

practical experience, FTW Fiender's Avatar

[No longer looking!] Seeking Betas for first 9.5k words of Urban Fantasy! :)

Update: As of Oct 24th, I've gotten plenty of critique and am ready for revisions. No longer looking!

I've recently finished some significant revisions to my novel's opening stretch, and I wanted to get opinions on what does/doesn't work. This would be the first 3 chapters, which equal 9,500 words. I'm willing to critique a short story or novel section of similar length. I prefer reading Sci-fi and Fantasy. YA is fine, but no romance please.

Here's the first line of my query, to give an idea of what the book it about:
    At seventeen, Linda is finally an orphan. She'll shed no tears for the man who treated her like a mistake. But with him dead, Linda has inherited his enchanted blade and the family duty: keep Users and their vile magic out of the city.

I've already posted some of the first chapter in SYW.
    Here is a link, in case anyone wants a sample before reading more. PM or posting here is fine. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Last edited by Fiender; 10-25-2017 at 07:20 AM.

practical experience, FTW Fiender's Avatar
    Once again looking for critique on the first few chapters of my novel. Updated the first post so it's more current, and giving the topic a bump.

Hi! I am looking for a way to start getting more active in the critiquing forums, so I think I can give this a go =).

I have a steadily good record with beta-ing and critiquing, i.e. I am not snarky and I try to offer as much help as I can. Please PM me if you are interested.