Introduction

Chanan12

Registered
Reaction score
Hello I am new to forums and sharing work over the internet. I have been writing mainly action adventure sci-fi fantasy short stories and poems, and I am now making a longer compendium of stories.
I love maps and cartography. I draw fantasy maps for almost ever story I write, even flash fictions.
My main themes are, human evolution, the environment, free will, meaning of life, learning from the past, new technologies conquer old. :Shrug:

I'm here because I need honest and constructive feedback on my work. I struggle with characters and dialogue, and my stories are mostly action shots or a narrator talking about events.
I want my characters to feel more real.

I look forward to reading the work of all you fellow writers.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Chanan12

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the FAQ links.

The Weekend Progress Report sounds fun, I look forward to posting my first report in 9000 years.
In a bit of a block right now.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
(Checks watch.) Has it been 9000 years yet? Oh, not quite. Then you have time yet. Pleased to meet you.

Sometimes people who feel they're blocked simply need to give themselves permission to write crap. If you accept only work that's pretty good from the get-go, that can be paralyzing. See if you can't crank out a scene that's seriously flawed and badly written to boot.

Maryn, thinking you can

E. Steve

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Chanon12 :banana: Those are great themes to develop. Good luck.

Chanan12

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all for welcoming me so warmly. I know I'm in the right place.

I cant wait to get to know this place.

HaHs

Registered
Reaction score
Drawing fantasy maps is such a cool skill to have! I'm terrible at it myself but have always found maps SO helpful when navigating my way through a fantasy series, and they're also just super cool. Welcome!

Chanan12

Registered
Reaction score
Drawing fantasy maps is such a cool skill to have! I'm terrible at it myself but have always found maps SO helpful when navigating my way through a fantasy series, and they're also just super cool. Welcome!

Thank you! Yes, maps are a wonderful addition to any story. I'm sure your maps are wonderful...as long as they have a key! Hehe

Its amazing how much is written on this forum.
I have been reading threads for the past few days and I have found there is already a thread for almost anything I could want to know or ask.
Very cool, very glad I signed up. I've learned more form this website than months of google browsing.

Yarns

Registered
Reaction score
I'm new and here for feedback too, welcome to the forums Chanan!

Melody

Writer of MG, YA and Adult
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. Yup, loves maps that are included in stories. Wanted to do one myself, but I am not gifted that way, so I settled for a family tree.

zemosman

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome!

Welcome to the forum! I'm new myself and hope we both find what we are looking for here.

Cernex

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, and welcome to the forums!