Erotic Fiction series plan...

Brave Sir Robin

Registered
Reaction score
There was a similar post I read recently, asking if an idea for a series of books would work. I'd love thoughts on whether this might work.

The project is Miranda Malone's Erotic Writing Workshop. I have nearly completed Book One, with work done on several others. My ultimate plan is for the first book to cover the week preceding the workshop, and for the proceeding books to cover each day of the workshop. I am shooting for 50-60k for each book.

The concept (beyond a series of hook-ups) originates from a love of stories. Telling stories, listening to stories, writing stories. Much of erotic fiction is sold in short story form, and, with that in mind, each book will be filled with examples of Miranda's, and the workshop participants' writing. Full short stories, some flash fiction, discussing story problems, building a story from the ground up, critiquing stories. The reader will get sort of a behind-the-scenes look into how writers (at least some writers) create a story. The reader gets to attend to the workshop with the writers, hear them discuss fellow writers' works, get some writing tips.

I have just posted the first 1600 words of Book One. I would provide a link but it is in the Erotica forum and that requires a password (because I talk about sex and use dirty words). If you are interested, I would love for you to visit there and leave a comment or two.

I know a book series is not a pitch. And I know that each book needs, at least to some extent, its own story arc. And I also know that there is a lot of wisdom on this board. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on my project.

Thanks in advance.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
(Thanks for thinking ahead about how not everyone can follow such a link, by design. Those whochoose to check it out can get the password from MacAllister or AW Admin only, not from mods.)

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
If this is fiction, the problems are going to come in writing a coherent novel with so many strands to it.

If it's non-fiction, you're going to have trouble with copyright, and getting permission from all the participants.

Good luck with it, though.