Poetry Books

TaylorSaville

A Gritty, Delicate Elegy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.taylorsaville.com
What are some good compilation books of poetry you guys have read? :D

I'm thinking about releasing all of my poetry in one volume eventually, and I'm wondering if that sort of project tends to do well? Anyone have experience?

foxesfairytales

Registered
Reaction score
I really like Carol Ann Duffy's The World's Wife and Amanda Lovelace's The Princess Saves Herself in This One. The Princess... was released just this year and seems to be part of a trend for really unstructured poetry at the moment. Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur has been really popular and looks similar, but I haven't read that one yet.

TaylorSaville

A Gritty, Delicate Elegy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.taylorsaville.com
I really like Carol Ann Duffy's The World's Wife and Amanda Lovelace's The Princess Saves Herself in This One. The Princess... was released just this year and seems to be part of a trend for really unstructured poetry at the moment. Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur has been really popular and looks similar, but I haven't read that one yet.

Thank you for the suggestions! I'll definitely have to check these out. It's an idea that has intrigued me for a while. :)

SimenLambrecht

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestions! I'll definitely have to check these out. It's an idea that has intrigued me for a while. :)

I have been toying with the same idea, although I am new to the writing 'world' I have no clue how to go about it.
You have any basic tips for me? The book is a challenge to write and draw one idea/thought for a whole year. Now that we are 2018 I finished and wondering how to proceed (if it might be good enough at least)

Perscribo

Pound cake.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.perscribo.com
I have had my own poetry eBook (of my own Triolets, with accompanying original photos/artwork) on the back burner for a while, but - like any other book (or work of art) - I suspect success has as much to do with how you market it (on creative websites, social media, blogs, Amazon, etc.) in addition to stellar content (the latter of which just has to come with plain confidence in yourself and perhaps some structured feedback from the critique area). The arrangement is also tricky. Lucky for me I already have some experience in this area publishing my public domain compilations. Good luck!