AW Amazon Affiliate Link

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Between the Lines Publishing

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by zmethos View Post
    Anyone heard from this publisher lately? I had a short story accepted to an upcoming anthology, and the email said they'd send a contract in August, but nothing. And now their site is apparently on perpetual "maintenance" and no one has responded to my email.
    Chase them directly. I thought the site-under-maintenance would mean they're disappearing, but a quick look at the owner's Facebook page shows they are active and promoting new releases. R34pers of S0uls and M4g1c* comes out on the 29th September by Between the Lines, and they're running a campaign where preorder profits go to help the JJ Watts Foundation with Hurricane Harvey recovery. This, though well-intentioned I'm sure, sits poorly with me.

They are active, and have no excuse not to respond to a polite enquiry about the contract status.

*Title altered to avoid the author getting Google alerts, I don't wish for them to be unfairly included in a discussion about their publisher (and I don't believe the pre-order campaign choices should reflect on them personally, only the publisher).
    Last edited by EMaree; 09-13-2017 at 03:01 PM.
    Website/Blog | Twitter | Instagram (Dog Pics!)
    Avatar by Britt. Still the same teademon (or teadragon, depending who you ask).

I have an agent!

Writing:
    M/M British Urban Fantasy
    With Agent (eeee): Giant Robots Project