So I have news

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJSimone

Registered
Reaction score
Backstory:
2009: First book deal with Midnight Ink (3-book series)
2013: Dropped by MI
2014: Sold series reboot to Henery Press (3 books)
2016: Signed contract for books 4-6

Today:
Signed contract for books 7-10 (link goes to the Twitter announcement) :Coffee: :Cake: :e2writer: :e2headban :hooray:

All y'all can do it, too. Keep writing, keep improving your craft, and learn the business side of publishing. Because this is a business. It's work. It's sometimes hard work. Because if it was easy, everyone would have their books on bookstore shelves.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER SURRENDER.

Thank you, all!

Theodore Koukouvitis: It's the top series in my sigline. An ex-nun PI who's now ghost hunting in addition to mystery solving. How did I do it? When I sold the series to my current publisher, we had a long discussion about their ideas for the books and whether I thought I could write to spec (in essence). The first 3 books were a little dark, and my current pub likes things lighter. So when I wrote that first book, I kept repeating in my head "Lighter. Funnier. Lighter. Funnier."

I've been a copywriter and I'm also a copyeditor, and I have no problem changing things up. None of my words are composed of gold and diamonds, that's for sure. I want my books out there! So I massaged this series, have a great editor, and the books are selling. Well enough that I'm on my third contract with them.

Congrats Calla Lily! Good for you on working hard, persevering and being open to changes. They sound like interesting books - ex-nun PI who's now ghost hunting in addition to mystery solving.

Appreciate the encouragement for us all as well. :)

CJ

Last edited:

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That is fantastic news. Congratulations! :hooray:

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that is pretty wonderful. Congrats and happy days!

Ketzel

Leaving on the 2:19
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! What good news!

[Blinded by the Nun? Too dark? :)]

Status
Not open for further replies.