Wait for it.

-cb

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Agree completely. Trump is being the President of Those Who Support Him, and Screw Everybody Else. He is making zero attempt to broaden his appeal, and his approval numbers show that. Those, of course, are fake, as we all know . . .

caw

Why should he bother? A win's a win, and the only ones who could take it away at this point are sitting on their thumbs, despite the occasional soundbite to the contrary. Once the "voter fraud" investigation with his hand-picked leader gets underway to purge the ballot boxes, he'll have even less reason to broaden his base, and the Republicans will be able to shed all pretense of representing the majority of America.

Feeling rather cynical today...

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
So you guys are calling your congresspeople right? :D

* annoys people forever until I throw up and go live in a hole *

* maybe the time is now *

* at least for the hole *

* wheeeeee *

The 5 Calls site currently has templates and contact numbers for several issues, including HR356 (the bill to make an independent commission for investigating Russian interference) and to insist on an independent prosecutor in the wake of Comey's firing.

Last edited:

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Kobach is from Kansas. He drug the state into one stupidly expensive losing lawsuit after another and made no friends. When he left office he was almost as unpopular as his buddy, our reviled gov, Sam Brownback. Just this week Brownback almost lost his title as America's most unpopular governor but managed to squeak through with a poll rating of 26% approval, with 65% dissing him. No change since November and historically bad for a red state governor. These numbers even shame Trump who seems to be working harder than ever to beat Brownback's ratings.

As the Kansas City Star reports, this "honor" is well deserved by a gov whose policies have pretty much wrecked the state budget and the chances for re-election for many of his hard line, alt right buddies. Kobach is behind our infamous Driving While Brown law that has angered and inconvenienced many ranchers and farmers who depend on brown hands and brown backs (love that word play.) to do their farm chores. When Manuel Labor cannot drive himself to work, Big Ag feels the pinch. Trust me, no matter how broke they are, Anglos don't dig potatoes.

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
Ah yes, Kris Kobach, the man who crafted the template for anti-immigration "show me your papers" laws, and for voter suppression a.k.a. voter ID laws as well. His work has provided the basis for almost every state's legislative action in this area.

And surely we all remember Donald Trump's claim that millions of illegal votes were cast for Hillary Clinton, thus preventing him from winning the popular vote?

Well, he's finally decided to set up a commission to investigate this voter fraud. Three guesses who is heading up this commission and the first two don't count.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trum...ead-vote-fraud-commission-is-nefarious-2017-5

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
From the files of, you can't make this stuff up: Donald Trump's tax law firm has 'deep' ties to Russia
The lawyers who wrote a letter saying President Trump had no significant business ties to Russia work for a law firm that has extensive ties to Russia and received a “Russia Law Firm of the Year” award in 2016.

Sheri Dillon and William Nelson, tax partners at the law firm Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, which has served as tax counsel to Trump and the Trump Organization since 2005, wrote a letter in March released by the White House on Friday stating that a review of the last 10 years of Trump’s tax returns “do not reflect” ties to Russia “with a few exceptions.”

In 2016, however, Chambers & Partners, a London-based legal research publication, named the firm “Russia Law Firm of the Year” at its annual awards dinner. The firm celebrated the “prestigious honor” in a press release on its website, noting that the award is “the latest honor for the high-profile work performed by the lawyers in Morgan Lewis’ Moscow office.”
:roll:

You gotta have a sense of humor to get through this.

Last edited:

zerosystem

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone feel sorry for Sean Spicer, Mike Pence or Sarah Huckabee-Sanders? I can't imagine what it must be like to have to defend Trump's erratic behavior on a daily basis. I'm sure even they must be sick of it at some level.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Does anyone feel sorry for Sean Spicer, Mike Pence or Sarah Huckabee-Sanders? I can't imagine what it must be like to have to defend Trump's erratic behavior on a daily basis. I'm sure even they must be sick of it at some level.

It's hard to feel sorry about the flea bites on someone who knowingly and willfully lies down with dogs... especially when they refuse to stand up after the first flea chomps down.

Twick

Registered
Reaction score

I would, but they have the power in their own hands to regain their self-respect. All they have to do is quit. If they don't, they're merely willing minions.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
"When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." - Maya Angelou

I don't feel sorry for a single one of them, nor for Melania or anyone else in Trump's circle, except maybe Barron. They were shown what they were getting into and they went anyway. Every one of them deserves all the ridicule they get and so much more.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score

Seriously? No.

Mike Pence is a fucking horror show of a person, to begin with, and he and Spicer and Huckabee are choosing, every day, to not only assist Trump, someone they know and knew to be unqualified, uneducated, unhinged, but to normalize him and his behaviour to the American people and the world. Fuck them.

If it bothered them, they could stop.

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Trumps selected them based on personal loyalty, so I don't feel sorry for any of them. Same with the Trump surrogates. They are tainted goods.

-cb

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score

Nope. Not feel sorry in the least. Rumor is that Spicer may be next out the door, anyway, which would make for some interesting speculation as to a successor. Bill O'Reilly is looking for work.

As for Pence, he seems to be just lying low and letting the stuff fly past him. He'd be the person most benefited by an impeachment, so why should he do anything else?

caw

BoF

Cautious Daredevil
Registered
Reaction score
Why should anyone feel sorry for these people. They all supported Trump during his run against Hillary Clinton. They were instrumental in saddling us with this monster. So, they most likely knew what they were getting involved in. To answer your question, not only no, but hell no.

ETA: Trump can't fire Pence, but I think he will eventually fire Spicer and Sanders. If it isn't soon enough, even Pence can quit.

Last edited:

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
Why should anyone feel sorry for these people. They all supported Trump during his run against Hillary Clinton. They were instrumental in saddling us with thi monster. So, they most likely knew what they were getting involved in. To answer your question, not only no, but hell no.

ETA: Trump can't fire Pence, but I think he will eventually fire Spicer and Sanders. If it isn't soon enough, even Pence can quit.
The name being floated around for the next press secretary is Fox personality Kimberly Guilfoyle.

She is well known in San Francisco, where she used to be married to, of all people, Gavin Newsom.

She is very smart, and a big admirer of Donald Trump. She would also fit in very well with the administration, since she's a pretty awful person.

http://m.sfgate.com/news/article/Trump-reportedly-considering-replacing-Spicer-11145187.php

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I don't feel sorry for Pence or Nikki Haley who was also defending the Comey firing yesterday. They have chosen to sell their souls for their positions. Spicer and H-Sanders, I don't know, it's just a job I don't fault them for taking. It does bother me hearing quite a bit of scapegoating of H-Sanders in the last couple of days, as if it was her fault Trump can't keep his story straight.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
More from the files of 'you can't make this stuff up':

White House chief of staff Reince Priebus issued a stern warning at a recent senior staff meeting: Quit trying to secretly slip stuff to President Donald Trump.
Just days earlier, K.T. McFarland, the deputy national security adviser, had given Trump a printout of two Time magazine covers. One, supposedly from the 1970s, warned of a coming ice age; the other, from 2008, about surviving global warming, according to four White House officials familiar with the matter.

Trump quickly got lathered up about the media’s hypocrisy. But there was a problem. The 1970s cover was fake, part of an internet hoax that’s circulated for years. Staff chased down the truth and intervened before Trump tweeted or talked publicly about it.

And there is another story brewing that could be fake news gone viral or real???

This is from a more mainstream source: Morning Joe says FBI close to exposing the president: ‘It’s a criminal issue — and Trump knows that’
The “Morning Joe” host compared the situation to the Showtime series “Billions,” which depicts a U.S. attorney pursuing a hedge fund billionaire named Bobby Axelrod, and he said the FBI had found strong evidence against Trump and his associates.

“The FBI has started pulling that string, and they are still pulling that string where it leads is not just an election issue, it is a criminal issue — and Trump knows that,” Scarborough said.

John Heilemann, the co-managing editor of Bloomberg Politics and an MSNBC political analyst, agreed that Comey’s firing was not an irrational action or a political miscalculation, but rather an effort to stop or slow the FBI investigation into his ties to Russia.

The story seems to have started with this dodgy story here, (assuming Scarborough is talking about the same story): Sealed Trump Indictment
By Louise Mensch and Claude Taylor

Separate sources with links to the intelligence and justice communities have stated that a sealed indictment has been granted against Donald Trump.

While it is understood that the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution means that, until Mr. Trump is impeached, he cannot be prosecuted, sources say that the indictment is intended by the FBI and prosecutors in the Justice Department to form the basis of Mr. Trump’s impeachment. The indictment is, perhaps uniquely, not intended or expected to be used for prosecution, sources say, because of the constitutional position of the President.

I looked into Mensch and she has a reputation of hits and misses.

Stay tuned kids.

Last edited:

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone feel sorry for Sean Spicer, Mike Pence or Sarah Huckabee-Sanders?

Yes. I do feel sorry for Spicer, Pence and Huckabee-Sanders. But then I also felt sorry for Goebbels, Goring, Hess and Himmler too, so I might not be the best judge of character.

:sarcasm

Don't like the job, don't cash the check.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
Does anyone feel sorry for Sean Spicer, Mike Pence or Sarah Huckabee-Sanders?

I'm just curious. If I traveled to the US and was hassled by immigration agents because I'm Canadian or brown-skinned or an atheist or said mean things about Trump, would any of those people feel sorry for me?

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
And there is another story brewing that could be fake news gone viral or real???

Louise Mensch is being discredited all over Twitter as a Russian plant, most notably by a guy who claims to be a "counteractor of Russian active measures." Mensch complains he's cyber-stalking her. Claude Taylor is a self-promoter extraordinaire. All of these have MMS media people questioning them.

I have NO idea what's what or who's who, but I do have a lot of people in my feed RTing their stuff, and I'm not sure it's any better than the people who RT'd Pizzagate. None of the people mentioned have any known credentials to back up their claims of expertise, but they use the word BREAKING and "sources" a lot. If the point is to sow disorder, whoever is behind it, this kind of stuff is the cheapest, most effective way to do it on both sides of the political spectrum. Even with the massive failures of the MSM, I've stopped giving any credibility to Mensch, Taylor and their ilk, as well as all the "progressive" clickbait sites. I'll be damned if I'm going to fall down the same garbage chute Trump supporters got suckered to climb inside.

I beg of people: be discerning about what you're sharing on your social media feeds. They don't usually come with the word "dodgy" as a disclaimer. (Thank you for making that very clear in your post, MaeZe.)