President Trump Fires FBI Director Comey

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trump fired Comey

Tried to find a 'Trump is blatantly corrupt thread' but didn't readily see it. So I thought it best to start a new one.

Trump camp is claiming this is about not pursuing Clinton's emails.

Last edited:

BoF

Cautious Daredevil
Registered
Reaction score
This is further evidence of Trump's egotistical use of power. After what Comey did to Hillary though, I don't feel much sympathy for him. He was eaten by the beast he helped create.

buz

edits all posts at least four times
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is further evidence of Trump's egotistical use of power. After what Comey did to Hillary though, I don't feel much sympathy for him. He was eaten by the beast he helped create.

I don't disagree, but it's not really about Comey... President gets to eliminate someone who was investigating him and install his own choice, who I'm guessing will somehow not be that interested in investigating Russia's involvement in the election.

We can call/write our Members of Congress and demand a special prosecutor for the investigation--

quick script here

Last edited:

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't see it happening any time soon. Whenever somebody claims to have hard evidence of actual illegal dealings, they get wished into the cornfield. Yeah, they can get called back to a grand jury or other investigation but when the people doing the so-called "investigating" are firmly attached to Trump in a show of ideology and/or they're just a sniveling little sycophant afraid of losing their job and having their constituents be mean to them at a local town hall meeting, I can't ascribe much meeting to any of it.

Last edited:

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com

WE are eaten. We are.

From Daniel Dale of the Toronto Star:
Caught the end of John McCain's reaction to the Comey firing: "The president does have that authority, so I respect that."

Not sure what to make of McCain's comment here, but all we can do is hope this will galvanize them into calling for a special prosecutor. I'm worried about evidence tampering.

Last edited:

buz

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
WE are eaten. We are.

From Daniel Dale of the Toronto Star:

Not sure what to make of McCain's comment here, but if it's a shrug, and if congress won't investigate the Trump-Russia ties, the regime is fully installed.

I don't think the GOP will investigate it, not fairly. They need an independent commission and a special prosecutor. Which they probably won't do.

Unless we get very very very angry about it, and let them know it.

Even then, small chance, I know, very small chance...but a chance anyway.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
I dunno. The sabers are rattling for the GOP right now. There's reports that democratic representatives are holding town-hall meetings in nearby districts where their Republican counterparts refuse to show their faces. I think it's coming that if the GOP don't put some shackles on their loose-cannon of a POTUS, the chances of a Democratic take-over in the 2018 election are going to be very real, and they have to realize that.

Unless of course, they already have plans in place to forgo the elections by then...

buz

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I dunno. The sabers are rattling for the GOP right now. There's reports that democratic representatives are holding town-hall meetings in nearby districts where their Republican counterparts refuse to show their faces. I think it's coming that if the GOP don't put some shackles on their loose-cannon of a POTUS, the chances of a Democratic take-over in the 2018 election are going to be very real, and they have to realize that.

Unless of course, they already have plans in place to forgo the elections by then...

But people were all saying this sort of thing during the election. If they don't find a candidate to beat Trump, they'll lose the election. If they don't get a grip on Trump, they'll lose the election. Bombshell after bombshell. It's kept coming. If they vote for this health care bill, their jobs'll be threatened. But they did it anyway.

They didn't lose. His supporters do not care how corrupt he is. The GOP has not budged on party lines either. His entanglements with Russia are obscenely obvious, and have been for some time, and still they do not care. They have asked for documents the White House will not provide, and they do not care. Sessions was supposed to recuse himself, and yet hasn't; he's perjured himself on this topic, and they do not care. They were supposed to have a hearing on Russia with Yates, and kept asking her about the executive order instead, because they do not care about the investigation--they care about partisan bullshit.

They can easily partisan-bullshit their way out of caring about this.

We cannot assume they are going to care. All evidence points the other way.

Please call or write, if you have an opinion in this.

Last edited:

vsrenard

Watching the Whales
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vanithasankaran.com
We of the anti-Trump mindset look at this through our lens, that this is more evidence of malfeasance. Maybe it is. I'll admit I don't care. I have dismissed Trump on less. So forgive me but I don't think this is the smoking gun that brings him down. His 27% don't care. They elected him, and we can continue to weep for not getting better support for anyone else.

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Conviction after Impeachment takes 67 Senators. We'll never get that in this Congress.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Conviction after Impeachment takes 67 Senators. We'll never get that in this Congress.

Couple scenarios. If Pence, or Paul Ryan if Pence goes down with the ship, will replace Trump, you will indeed find plenty of Republican Senators to impeach Trump. They got their SCOTUS justice, they don't get anything else from Trump they wouldn't get from Pence or Ryan.

Second scenario, the Democrats take back the Senate and House in 2018. Now you have an issue if Pence is implicated because there would be a Democratic Speaker of the House. But you have a heck of a lot of pressure on those Congresspeople from the public. That scenario is 50:50 whether they'd impeach Trump if a Democrat would replace him.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com

Yep, though this whole thing is having more and more of a Nixon-era vibe, isn't it? Dogs all over the country are rolling in the stink emanating from Washington these days.
Right. He forgot to add the second term.

You're a little bundle of joy and optimism, aren't you? Though you were about Trump's winning this time around too, and you turned out to be right, so, :chair

Last edited:

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score

Comey deserved to be fired. I'm surprised it took this long. So, yeah, no angst for that.

Now we get the entertainment of another Trump appointment. I'm guessing either Joe Arpaio, who is out of work, or somebody utterly inexperienced in the field of law enforcement, which would be in keeping with many other Trump appointments.

caw

noirdood

Registered
Reaction score
I am a "decline to state" AKA "a pox on both political parties." I have predicted that the GOP will finally get sick of little Donnie and throw him out within three years. Remember that the current VP is their kind of guy....

buz

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Comey deserved to be fired. I'm surprised it took this long.

Why do you think Trump was suddenly moved to do it now?

(Possibly related note, here's this thing about subpoenas being served to associates of Michael Flynn today.)

I am a "decline to state" AKA "a pox on both political parties." I have predicted that the GOP will finally get sick of little Donnie and throw him out within three years. Remember that the current VP is their kind of guy....

Who's going to make them? Why would they toss him out if they get everything they want?

Last edited:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why do you think Trump was suddenly moved to do it now?

(Possibly related note, here's this thing about subpoenas being served to associates of Michael Flynn today.)

The plot thickens. Am I the only one who didn't know there was a Grand Jury convened?

It would appear those subpoenas were issued before the 'Comey fired' letter went out.
CNN learned of the subpoenas hours before President Donald Trump fired FBI director James Comey.

The subpoenas represent the first sign of a significant escalation of activity in the FBI's broader investigation begun last July into possible ties between Trump campaign associates and Russia.

:popcorn: