bannedbooks

Read a Banned Book

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: ScriptRevolution

ScriptRevolution

I recently posted my screenplay to Script Revolution (https://www.scriptrevolution.com/). Honestly, I was suspicious of the site, even though it's free. I'm just by nature skeptical, but all my research indicates that it is exactly what it says it is, a place to upload your script and your bio, and for producers to sniff around and see if they find anything they like. Like InkTip and The Blacklist, but free.

Aside from simply being skeptical by nature, it's the internet, so scam alerts are always going off in my head. I still can't figure out how they pay for it, but that's somebody else's problem. There's also a lot of good stuff like screenwriting tips and whatnot in addition to being a place to flog your script.

I have no illusions about my script being "discovered," but what the hell -- it's free, right?

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has had experience, good or ill, with the site.

practical experience, FTW zmethos's Avatar
    I have a few scripts posted there, and I've gotten a few reads but nothing has materialized. Still, I think CJ Walley means well. (I've known him from Stage 32, another site where I found a few leads. Even got a script optioned but then that never went anywhere either. Sigh.) Yeah, I don't know about discoverability, but so far I've had nothing *bad* happen with Script Revolution.

Uploaded a few comedy pilot scripts. I like the idea of the place; but I'm not holding my breath.
    Fiction blog as Manuel Royal: Donnetown Today or Recently (or a Long Time Ago)

Fiction column under my real name: Welcome to Smyrnings ; continued as Spland of the Splost

Six-minute YouTube video produced by SandJack from my short script (NSFW): Make The Baby

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    This place sounds interesting. I might check it out. What about plagiarising? Most sites where you upload your work usually has some problems with people plagiarising others' work.

Mostly harmless SuperModerator dpaterso's Avatar
    Is that just a general feeling or have you witnessed or encountered this yourself?

My take on posting material online (which seems to be a thing you have to do these days if you're hoping to get yourself noticed) is that it's got a date and time stamp, so if plagiarism does happen, at least it's one more scrap added to the paper trail of ownership. Before you do this, you'd maybe register your screenplay, for much the same reason.

-Derek
    The Sunday night Flash Fiction Challenge!
    Write a story in 90 minutes! If you dare.
    The challenge is open all week, all welcome.
    Check out FFC forum (password=flashed)

My web page! Published short stories & novellas,
flash stories, Sci-Fi webcomics, omg screenplays too, lol
Does the excitement never end?!

You can register your screenplay with the Writer's Guild of America for around $20.

practical experience, FTW
    You don't have to post your script online on Script Revolution. You can post the logline and synopsis and then if people are interested in reading the script they can contact you. It's not as convenient so less people may look at the script, but on the other hand, you control who has access to it.