Zero to five!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sublunam

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sublunam.wordpress.com
In mid-March I sat myself down and started to write short stories again for the first time in over a decade. It's six weeks later and I have four short stories under my belt, am working on a fifth, and have also started revisions on my favourite from the group.

The more I write, the further it seems I have to go, but I wanted to take a moment to check in with myself. In late February and early March I was the lowest I've been in years. I wanted to write – it seemed clear that finding my voice again would be part of coming back to the surface – but I simply could not imagine putting a story together, any of it. Right now, just having writing "the end" (okay, okay, not literally) four times feels incredible.

Onward and upward, friends.

HeavyAirship

Aboard my phaneron.
Registered
Reaction score
That's awesome! I've also taken a few extended breaks from writing (though not as long as yours) and every time I come back to it I wonder why I stopped.

sublunam

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sublunam.wordpress.com
I know the feeling! It's like when I was a kid and hated going back to swimming lessons every semester ... dreaded the cold pool all the way there in the car ... and then slid into the water and magic :e2fish:

(definitely not :e2drown:)

Status
Not open for further replies.