I Need Help Naming My Blog

Ramsay

Crazy like a fox, or just crazy?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fccfellowship.org
I'm trying to think of a name for my new blog,and I need help. I am a total Anglophile, so I'm going to talk about things British. This will especially cover the arts, such as movies/TV/actors and books. Does "The Ardent Anglophile" sound okay? I can't make up my mind between that and "Anglomania."

I recently read this book about the annual galas they hold at the Costume Institute at the Met. Each year they choose a theme, and one year the theme was AngloMania. As part of it they had this tableau where mannequins dressed as punk rockers were posed in a gentleman's club from the Regency era. The curator was quoted as saying that in their way, the punks were as subversive as the dandies (because the latter had changed men's fashion by simplifying it). I like that idea of being edgy and perhaps glamorous. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
The advantage of "anglophile" is that people use it to describe themselves and might search for it. Also it sounds refined. Anglomania sound a little more like a monster truck event to me.

Ramsay

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fccfellowship.org
The advantage of "anglophile" is that people use it to describe themselves and might search for it. Also it sounds refined. Anglomania sound a little more like a monster truck event to me.

I like that! I live in Texas, so now I'm going to have T-shirt printed with Anglomania and go to a truck rally. Or maybe a wrestling match. :roll:

Ramsay

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fccfellowship.org
Thank you. I think I'll stick with the Ardent Anglophile. My sister loves it, and she's big on Europe like me.