Selling Reference Books on AW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsu Dho Nimh

Registered
Reaction score
Would it be possible to set up a shopping area (for either a % of the sale or a flat fee) for writers cleaning their offices of reference books?

I have BOXES of reference books on writing and language, including the 1930 OED+supplements. I figure that an active writer's forum would be the best place to find them a new home, instead of Craigslist or eBay.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Would it be possible to set up a shopping area (for either a % of the sale or a flat fee) for writers cleaning their offices of reference books?

I have BOXES of reference books on writing and language, including the 1930 OED+supplements. I figure that an active writer's forum would be the best place to find them a new home, instead of Craigslist or eBay.

It sounds like a great idea, and I wish I could, but just the headaches I'd get from dealing with unhappy purchasers or sellers, never mind the additional taxes and paper work AW would have to deal with, etc. make me shudder. It's one of the reasons we don't run a shopping cart now. The other reason is that running a transaction server is a PITA, even if you use a zen cart or similar. And I have a day job.

I see no reason why you couldn't set up a list of books on Blogger or Wordpress, and put a link in your sig here. If you'd be willing to take PayPal and ship books to people, that migh work particularly well.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hm, what writer hasn't got a bunch of reference books they've outgrown or are done using? I do, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.