Malleable May - 500 words/day or editing - all genres welcome

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote a query I will never send to anyone. :Shrug:

(Except maybe muse... just to entertain and/or bug her!)

Oooh, a query that entertains and bugs! You've outdone yourself this time, HJ. :greenie

Still plodding away on my last few scenes. They're starting to come together. (I hope.)

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
muse - Glad things are coming together. :D

Up to almost 5k on the nonfiction project. Today I'll be working on a short story. I think it needs something more...it's due 6/1. Been kind of afraid to look at it again. :(

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Way to go, guys!:hooray:

Busy weekend here, so no words to report. Shall try to get stuck in later.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I have a pdf of Book 3 to proof by 6/6, so I worked on that a little today.

Also freaked out a bit, because I'm supposed to do a con this weekend and they haven't yet told me what, when, or where. (Which means, among other things, I've done no promotion around it, so it's not going to be particularly useful to me, but still.)

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
1058 words this morning. That's the good news.

The bad news is the 561 words I wrote last writing session seem to have disappeared. I am not sure why - I type them on my tablet, save them, then log in to OneDrive from my desktop computer when I get to work to log the word count. I did that, and the words were there, but when I opened up the tablet this morning the words were gone. So frustrating. I'm going to have to write the end of that chapter again.

Technology baffles me sometimes. How can words that were there last week be gone now???

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Shara - That is weird. Maybe there was a glitch somehow?

Liz - Good luck with the con. Hopefully they will give you the info soon! And cool on writing the ending. I did that once. It worked pretty well.

muse - I had the same issue. I hope you get some words soon.

Brechin - Yay!

1,166 words on the nonfiction project last night.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Liz - good luck at the convention.

Shara - hope you find your missing words

Saoirse - great wordage

Still no words to report - this week has just been manic.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Missing words have still not turned up. I am carrying on with the next chapter. I am starting to wonder if, in highlighting the words to get Word to tell me what the word count was, I accidently hit 'delete' while they were highlighted. A particularly brainless thing to do but sometimes the lack of sleep caused by the early morning starts for writing takes its toll.

So at some point I'm going to have to go back and re-write the end of that chapter, but for now I'm moving forward.

747 words this morning.

sockycat

Registered
Reaction score
Missing words have still not turned up. I am carrying on with the next chapter. I am starting to wonder if, in highlighting the words to get Word to tell me what the word count was, I accidently hit 'delete' while they were highlighted. A particularly brainless thing to do but sometimes the lack of sleep caused by the early morning starts for writing takes its toll.

So at some point I'm going to have to go back and re-write the end of that chapter, but for now I'm moving forward.

747 words this morning.

Oh nooo! That is such a horrible feeling. If it's any solace, sometimes rewriting gives birth to something 1,000 times better? I once lost the first fifty pages of a draft...and after I had a melt-down and rewrote it, I realized that the second version was much, much better. It's still such a terrible feeling though!! I'm sorry that happened to you!