• Read this: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?288931-Guidelines-for-Participation-in-Outwitting-Writer-s-Block

before you post.

I'm thinking it's more like a cat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
You know when you're walking down the street and you see a cat, and you want to pet it, but you know that if you even look at it too much it will go somewhere else, so you just sit down on the sidewalk and do something else like - stare into space (or look at your phone...) and - the cat will probably come up and check you out. But you can't force it. You have to just be open & inviting and not scary

Kristina Salvatore

Registered
Reaction score
You know when you're walking down the street and you see a cat, and you want to pet it, but you know that if you even look at it too much it will go somewhere else, so you just sit down on the sidewalk and do something else like - stare into space (or look at your phone...) and - the cat will probably come up and check you out. But you can't force it. You have to just be open & inviting and not scary

Perfect metaphor. My writing ideas always come when I'm at work - of course the one time I'm not supposed to be writing.

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
I looked a cat and it came home with me... I wish my muse would do the same.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
There's a cat in my neighborhood who stalks us whenever we walk the dogs past his yard. It's actually kind of disconcerting to have him following us down the street.

I wish my muse would stalk me.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
I saw a cat yesterday on my ride home from the grocery store. I tried the stopping on the other side of the road thing but s/he just rolled over on the opposite sidewalk - rather than coming over to investigate. So I went there. A fat Sylvester cat. He rolled around for a while & meowed, and then a person came down the sidewalk & he buggered off, so I never did get any petting time. But I still got some cat time...

(for a pet I feed the birds on my back porch)

_lvbl

Registered
Reaction score
I saw a cat yesterday on my ride home from the grocery store. I tried the stopping on the other side of the road thing but s/he just rolled over on the opposite sidewalk - rather than coming over to investigate. So I went there. A fat Sylvester cat. He rolled around for a while & meowed, and then a person came down the sidewalk & he buggered off, so I never did get any petting time. But I still got some cat time...

(for a pet I feed the birds on my back porch)

Hey, look at you go--you're already telling stories! Writers block is gone :)

Nerdilydone

Banned
Reaction score
What about bunny time? There are bunnies in my yard, and I'm trying to get them to love me by putting out carrots. The older ones stare at me, but that's about all I've gotten so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.