MayNoWriMo 2017 - The Lusty Month of May (Tra La La)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Where I am it's an hour past midnight and officially JUNE.

I was able to finish Goal #7 with about 20 minutes to spare, and I'm uber-pleased to have that finished. I also finished Two Years Before the Mast (my fifth and final book of Goal #3). Started that blog post but never finished it, and didn't get the short story submitted, but overall I'm pretty happy with how May went.

1. Complete revision/rewrite of Book #4 - DONE
2. Explore NYC with at least two jaunts to places I've never been - 2 of 2 DONE
3. Read five books - 5 of 5 DONE
4. Write at least one blog post NOPE
5. Continue reading at least three "My Writing Day" essays from The Guardian series per week - 4 of 4 DONE
6. Submit a short story to at least one market NOPE
7. Final polish of Book #4; send to beta readers DONE

Great work for May, everyone! I'm off to start the June thread.

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, mrsmig, you got a lot accomplished!

I didn't do too well for May. Life was disrupted and so I wasn't very productive, as I had expected. I did get some writing done, but I didn't do a very good job of tracking, so I don't know exactly how much I had written. Oh, well, c'est la vie.

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
Final tally!

May Goals:
[--] Clean my office.
Giving myself partial credit on this one again. I'm dragging my heels on the last part, though, because it requires actually getting rid of things, which I am not good at. (On the plus side, I cleared out a bunch of old notebooks I've been carrying around since at least high school, and probably haven't looked at in just as long.)​
[x] Continue running.
[ ] Make some webpage updates.
Not even partial credit here, I don't think.​
[x] Do a writing exercise (at least flash length) every day.
Done!​

Constant Goals:
[--] Changing sleep cycle (focus on getting to bed earlier).
Partial credit here, too. I've mostly switched my waking time and am back to doing okay on the sleep time. The real test will be at the end of August when I'm on holidays, though. This goal will probably stick around until at least September.​
[21] Write 1K words a day (for 52 weeks).
Still going strong.​

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
Belatedly wandering in to finish up my May goals...

Apparently I did basically nothing during the last week. I think I wrote a bit, but nothing goal-related? Maybe. Actually, I did some game stuff. I put my current book aside to read Leviathan Wakes since it's due back at the library soon. I'm a good way in, but it's a fat book so there is much to go. Definitely enjoying it, though had some trouble figuring out what the tone was and therefore if I should be reading bits as serious or satire or...

I really need to stop letting the editing slide. I guess I should figure out my June goals now.

1. Read five books. 5/5
2. Game creation/sessions. Yes.
2a. Including editing the game story. Yes.
3. Edit four chapters. 2/4
4. Min 500 words or 2 pages edited per day. Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.