MayNoWriMo 2017 - The Lusty Month of May (Tra La La)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
Yes! I am on the NH/VT border in the US, so we are in the same time zone. :)

I was thinking just here. We could agree on a start time, check in here five-ish minutes before, then post GO! and write for however long we agree on (I'm thinking 20 minutes) Then we each post how many words we got.

The loser is beheaded! Or not.

And anyone can join in, obvs.

How's about we start at 7pm our time?

lianna williamson

Registered
Reaction score
I can do 20 minutes at 7:00, and then I could go again any time 8:30 or later. (I've got to do the bedtime routine thing for my kiddo 7:30-8:15ish.)

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
I can do 20 minutes at 7:00, and then I could go again any time 8:30 or later. (I've got to do the bedtime routine thing for my kiddo 7:30-8:15ish.)

7-7:20pm word sprint!! Time yourself with a timer rather than checking the clock every five seconds if that's possible. :) I've always found countdowns better than clocks.

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
T-minus 1 minute in counting! Set your timers: Ready? Steady! GOOOOO!!!!!

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
423 words in (technically) 20 mins (though more like 18, really.... :\) What about you lianna???

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
*Is dancing with joy* ONE WORD!!! :eek: I didn't start actually writing until like, 7:01:20, but still. I went to the end of the timer and wrote a lot and I am now a happy bunneh! 8:30 our time next?? :D

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
269 words! I wish I could do another word war, but alas, I fear burnout and need to rest my fingers. Shall we convene tomorrow for more? :)

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

lianna williamson

Registered
Reaction score
I'm up to just over 13K for May so far. Today I felt like I was pushing myself faster than maybe I should have. I know I'm going to need to slow down in a day or two to work out some plot points, but I'm still aiming to finish the whole first draft this month. That may prove to be a pie-in-the-sky goal.

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, shiny new peoples in the thread.

My May was thrown off before it even began by a) computer troubles (again -_-) and b) the flu (with bonus side effects of a separate medication to complicate things). So yeah. I have my computer back now and have almost finished reinstalling etc. I am recovering.

I have made the first week an official rest week, with mental permission to extend that if necessary. Once I am feeling rather more healthy, I'll start my goals (including restarting my daily minimums).

Atm they are:

1. Read five books.
2. Game creation/sessions.
2a. Including editing the game story.
3. Edit four chapters.
4. Min 500 words or 2 pages edited per day.

I'll drop the number of chapters if my break runs longer.

I've already read three books (lots of time curled on the couch): Clean Sweep, Sweep in Peace, and One Fell Sweep by Ilona Andrews. They started as a free online serial for each book, and you can tell sometimes - there are occasional issues with pacing and that kind of thing. Overall I enjoyed them very much, and they were perfect for sick Tamlyns (or at least this one).

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
269 words! I wish I could do another word war, but alas, I fear burnout and need to rest my fingers. Shall we convene tomorrow for more? :)

Dammy, you and lianna might want to check out this thread which is expressly for Word Wars. Maybe you can get some other people interested in participating if you reactivate the game there.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Barely looked at my current project this week - too busy with rehearsals and other irritants. Couldn't seem to make writing time and inspiration strike at once.

I read another Discworld book (which I've been devouring like candy) as well as my requisite Guardian articles. Started a tougher read (Jerry Roberts' Cascadia's Fault, which is nonfiction and has already slowed down the reading juggernaut). Did a bit of research on short story markets, but otherwise not much accomplished this first week of May. I'll do better next week.

1. Complete revision/rewrite of Book #4 - currently at 53,875
2. Explore NYC with at least two jaunts to places I've never been
3. Read five books - 1 of 5
4. Write at least one blog post
5. Continue reading at least three "My Writing Day" essays from The Guardian series per week - 1 of 4
6. Submit a short story to at least one market

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry if we caused a ruckus, mrsmig. :( we will have our word wars elsewhere now.....

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry if we caused a ruckus, mrsmig. :( we will have our word wars elsewhere now.....

Not a problem - it's just that you may get more participants if the game isn't buried in this progress report thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.