This is bugging me

Thekherham

The Alien Writer
Registered
Reaction score
5657 Brežendra Rd., Treskebhar, Te’hănys, Alharhan
I don't know where to put this so if it's in the wrong spot please move it.

Whenever I copy and paste something the result is words that are stuck together. Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

For example the first line will end up Idon't know where to put this so ifit's in the wrong spot please moveit. Something like that.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know where to put this so if it's in the wrong spot please move it.

Whenever I copy and paste something the result is words that are stuck together. Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

For example the first line will end up Idon't know where to put this so ifit's in the wrong spot please moveit. Something like that.

First, are you using Chrome?

Second, which of the "Editors" are you using on AW?

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?315054-FAQ-Setting-Your-AW-Post-Editor-Preferences

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I'm using Chrome.

I changed it to Standard Editor but I'm getting the same results.

There's a known problem with Chrome and spaces in terms of using the Quick Reply option.

From whence are you copying and pasting?

Thekherham

The Alien Writer
Registered
Reaction score
5657 Brežendra Rd., Treskebhar, Te’hănys, Alharhan
I'm copying from Open Office and pasting it into the appropriate area in the AW forum. For example I pasted a section of my novel In Silence Revered from OO to Share Your Work/Science Fiction and Fantasy. I just don't know why some pairs of words stick together and others are just fine. On each line there are about two or three pairs of words that do that.

I do have Firefox if that would help.

CJSimone

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Thekherham. It might help to copy the section of your manuscript into an email message to yourself and then copy that for SYW. I've found it works better. :)

indianroads

Wherever I go, there I am.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
indianroads.net
Probably a dumb question, but are you hitting return at the end of each line? Sometimes the EOL or '\n' doesn't get translated into white space - so maybe that's the issue?

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm copying from Open Office and pasting it into the appropriate area in the AW forum. For example I pasted a section of my novel In Silence Revered from OO to Share Your Work/Science Fiction and Fantasy. I just don't know why some pairs of words stick together and others are just fine. On each line there are about two or three pairs of words that do that.

I do have Firefox if that would help.

It's caused by copying directly from the Open Office screen; the way the some characters are stored isn't transferring to vBulletin (this has to do with the way certain JavaScript routines work, and it's not something that we can control on AW). The same issue will interfere with most other word processors too, as well as other apps.

Either copy and paste to TextPad, a text editor, or, depending on what you use for your email, a blank email message, THEN copy and paste to vBulletin/AW.

NicoleScripting

Registered
Reaction score
Copy and paste it to notepad and then copy and paste from the notepad. It deletes all the fancy stuff that doesn't translate well onto AW.