Good relationship bad relationship

Reaction score
I'm writing a story which involves a couple on the brink of divorce who reconcile. But I'm getting trouble finding a reason for them to reconcile. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Context.
Diane and lucan are both police officers who work at the same precinct. Lucan never wanted this job but was pressured pressured by his domineering father as working on uniform is a family tradition. Diana is committed to the job and has been promoted over her husband lwadingbto him feeling insecure as his wife is ordering her along.
Lucan has a passion for baking and later left the job to pursue a job in that area much to his wife's chagrin as she's embarassed by it.
Adding to the conflict is Diana continually miscarrying leading to conflict.

All of this comes out in a public blow out argument at a date night organised by their sister in law Carol to try to reconcile them.

That is what is shown in the play itself.
Now i need to way toreconcile them. Irsca Christian okay so it gonna be miraculous But not deus as machine. More so something to open their eyes and make them reconcile.

Any suggestions. I'm also open to critique of their relationship problems.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Welcome to the board!

But at least take me to dinner and a movie first before you ask me to look at your junk.

If you'd looked around before posting you'd have noticed feedback/brainstorming requests don't usually get posted here in the general discussion forum. We have a Share Your Work forum and a Brainstorming Sandbox forum (the password for both forums is vista). Take a peek at the Starting new threads sticky info thread to get an idea why members, and moderators, can sometimes be suspicious of new arrivals who show up and start wanting right away. With their very first post, no less.

So introduce yourself in New Members forum maybe, and interact a little with board members before you demand their time and thought.

And did I say welcome to the board?

-Derek

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the board!

But at least take me to dinner and a movie first before you ask me to look at your junk.
-Derek

Yeah this is where people get it wrong. There should be a FAQ for that.

Last edited:

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
These are major issues that aren't going to be resolved overnight. Something long term ike marriage counseling would be needed.

SJWangsness

An unknown known
Registered
Reaction score
Classic reconciliation usually goes something like this. Underneath it all, the two still love each other. It's just that all the crap they've been going through has obscured this, and their petty fights compound what are somewhat stubborn personalities. However, a crisis brings them together again and opens their eyes to their true feelings.

Die Hard is the perfect example. As the movie begins, we learn all the conflicts that have hurt their marriage. Note how they snap at each other. We also know, though, that they'd really like to work something out, because Holly invites McLean to stay in the "spare bedroom" of her house.

By the end of the movie, with all the mayhem, etc., they understand how petty their disputes have been. McLean saving Holly from the terrorists is the fulcrum to opening both their eyes. Saving one partner - or both partners saving each other - from a crisis is a frequent way to go.

Good luck!