Results from Bookbub

Arpeggio

Registered
Reaction score
A little less than 100--I think it was actually 97 or 98. About 50 came in almost immediately, like within days, and the rest trickled in for several weeks.

Pretty impressive (and I thought it would be like 2 - 3 or something!). Then again based on the amount of downloads it's still around the 1% region, still very good. Must give BookBub a go sometime. Thank you BJ Bourg for coming back and answering us all.

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
I just got my first BookBub deal (after trying for almost 2 years, each month, for each of my now 5 fiction books). It's due to run Sep 24, from $5.99 to $0.99. I'm excited! I'll report how it went with lots of stats and numbers (I'm an accountant)

Arpeggio

Registered
Reaction score
I just got my first BookBub deal (after trying for almost 2 years, each month, for each of my now 5 fiction books). It's due to run Sep 24, from $5.99 to $0.99. I'm excited! I'll report how it went with lots of stats and numbers (I'm an accountant)

Any news?

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
Ah! thanks for the reminder!

I ran mine as a Young Adult/Teen book. It was less expensive (lower group of subscribers) than some of the other categories. it cost me $230.

I ended up with over 850 purchases at $0.99 while it was on sale (for the day of the Bookbub ad and 3 days afterwards) and then I've sold at least 25 since then at full price. My previous average had been about 8 a month, so a marked improvement. I can't say I've seen a lot of sales of my other books, but they are up slightly. I've only received ONE review from Swans so far... but those might trickle in later.

At 850 purchases I definitely netted profit on this ad, even without the ancillary sales. I get $0.34 from each sale at that price, so about $290 plus the later sales of about $50. And now there's 850 more people reading my books! :)

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
I'm part of the Rowan Casey / Veil Knights series alongside 11 other writers, some of them pretty well known.

We ran a Bookbub yesterday on a 3-book boxset of the start of the series, selling it for 99c. We've at least made our money back already, selling over 1300 on Amazon, 200 or so on Apple, 100 or so on B&N, and that's just on day 1. We got into the Amazon top 100 for a bit last night too. So we're now in profit, got the books into a lot of new people's hands, and there's more sales to come in the days ahead as the price goes back up, even although the ranking is now falling again.

It's my first Bookbub experience, but it's all good so far.

Arpeggio

Registered
Reaction score
Well done both good results. Do tell us how many reviews you get? At about 1% of readers reviewing I'd have thought a few. I've got an Author profile on BookBub since a year ago and must use them one day for a promo when I can.

Looks good at 99c to make your money back or more. I'm curious to try that as well as free to garner a lot more downloads and hopefully get more reviews.