Self-publishing a "quirky" non-fiction book

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
The caveat to that is that if they used a free CS ISBN and republished through IS, they'd end up with two listings on Amazon, which could confuse potential buyers. A confused buyer will often move along to another product. If they used a free ISBN, it's best to remove the CS edition from distribution and republish with a new ISBN at IS.

Good point. Yes, I had assumed the author would have a different ISBN for each POD vendor.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
I've hit a problem with my IngramSpark cover. I want to use the cover I had designed for the CreateSpace edition but it needs to be PDF/X-1a 2001 compliant. Could some kind computer-literate person tell me if it's possible to do the conversion on Windows10 without Photoshop or any other not-installed-as-basic programme?

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've hit a problem with my IngramSpark cover. I want to use the cover I had designed for the CreateSpace edition but it needs to be PDF/X-1a 2001 compliant. Could some kind computer-literate person tell me if it's possible to do the conversion on Windows10 without Photoshop or any other not-installed-as-basic programme?

I have no clue but if no one answers, ask the question in the tech help sub-forum.

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com

You need Acrobat DC (or any of the CC layout apps) to generate a PDF/X-1a file. What are you using for layout?

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!

However, I solved the problem by asking the chap who designed the CreateSpace cover to do the conversion for me, which he did for no extra charge.