Anybody Out There Writing for The HOTH?

NickIandolo

A Living Synecdoche
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tenthsphere.com
Hey Fellow Writers,

Lately, I've been writing for a blog called Make Tech Easier (MTE). They pay $40 an article and you have to do a minimum of two a week. You only get paid when your article is published. If you write an article and it gets rejected, you don't get paid.

The editorial process is pretty strict but fair. I've accepted the flat-rate pay because it's decent money and a way to produce content to increase my professional visibility to get more gigs like this or more lucrative.

The editor I work with is like Perry White from the Superman comics--in a good way. He's tough but both fair and reasonable.

So because of my Make Tech Easier work, I'm being considered for a writing gig with The HOTH.

The business model here is entirely different. First they assign you stories on a bevy of topics. Also, it looks like clients pay for a certain number of word count (500, 1000, and 1500), so you have to write up to that count; as well as, certain number of images and SEO content. Also, the articles appear on many different blogs not The HOTH's. And finally, you write in Google Docs. MTE uses WordPress.

I'm kind of thinking that writing for The HOTH is like driving for UBER. In other words, you work as much or little as you want.

The pay is somewhat lower with The HOTH as opposed to MTE. Still okay by me for now.

Anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone out there has had or does have any experience writing for The HOTH, and if it's worth pursuing as a second blog to write for?

I'm hoping to get a few blogs going to try to make some decent bridge money while trying to find a full-time marketing communications writing job at a company.

Thanks!
Nick