Best marketing bets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolina Wright

Registered
Reaction score
My first paranormal romance, "When the Clock Strikes Love," will be released by Painted Hearts Publishing (formerly Dark Hollows) on May 4th. As I'm just getting started as a romance writer, I'd love some direction on the top social networks for book marketing. I have a FB page and Twitter, of course. I don't have time to keep up too many pages, so would like to get the most bang for my buck, so to speak. Please post your top three to four suggestions. Thanks so much for your help!

CEtchison

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cheryletchison.com
To be completely honest, it's hard to get anyone's attention with a debut novel unless you're with a Big 5 AND they've invested a ton of money and time in promoting you. For now, promote where you can, but really the best thing is to write the next book. Then the next... and then the one after that. Once readers realize you aren't just going away, you'll have a better shot at getting their money.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
If you go to the Book Promotion room here you'll find a thread called something like, "How to promote your book without being an SEO dweeb". It's well worth a read, and should help you.

Carolina Wright

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I'm on book three - you know what they say about idleness! Thanks for your insights.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks so much - will check that out.

Hopefully WLCT

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! How about attending a Romance Conference in your area. I know some let you bring copies of your book to share with your peers and to sell ( I believe). Wouldn't hurt looking them up.

Jan74

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on your novel!!!!!Put a link in your siggy!

Status
Not open for further replies.