I'm a brand new author, just wanting to connect with other writers!

TaylorSaville

A Gritty, Delicate Elegy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.taylorsaville.com
Hello Everyone! I'm Taylor. I recently released my novel "Jagged Mind" on Amazon, and after years of working on the project I was really thrilled to finally do so. Naturally, since I'm a newbie and have no following, the book didn't garner much response. That's to be expected, but I wanted to find some writing communities to hopefully meet other authors and help each other spread the word for our work, or just keep each other motivated. I don't know anyone personally who writes on a regular basis. So, I'm feeling a bit alone! :(

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

No need for frowny faces because you're here now. :hooray::welcome:

We have dancing Snoopies to make you smile. :snoopy:

And party hats a-plenty. :partyguy:

Read the stickies, and head on down to the self-publishing sub-forum where you'll find thread-after-thread from people who've taken the same plunge you did, and chronicled their journeys. Lots of tips and encouragement, and the occasional kick in the pants.

TaylorSaville

A Gritty, Delicate Elegy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.taylorsaville.com
Thank you for the welcome! I'm trying to figure the site out and find everything, so I'll definitely check out that sub-forum. Might need a kick in the pants!

Love the Snoopy! :snoopy:
But I also like this guy : :e2bouncey

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome! I'm trying to figure the site out and find everything, so I'll definitely check out that sub-forum. Might need a kick in the pants!

Love the Snoopy! :snoopy:
But I also like this guy : :e2bouncey

The top forum page has a listing.

But it's a huge place, and there are some hidden passages.

Ask questions if you need a help or get lost!

JoeBrat

JoeBrat
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, TaylorSaville! I'm new here too. I joined yesterday and just started going through the site. I've already received a lot of helpful information. I think you will enjoy it here.

Congrats on your Book! :hooray:

TaylorSaville

A Gritty, Delicate Elegy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.taylorsaville.com
Welcome, TaylorSaville! I'm new here too. I joined yesterday and just started going through the site. I've already received a lot of helpful information. I think you will enjoy it here.

Congrats on your Book! :hooray:

Thank you, Joe! Hopefully I'll be fortunate like you. :Jump: I already like this place. I like how simple the site is.

The Urban Spaceman

Existential quandary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theurbanspaceman.net
Welcome, welcome. You're in the write place for connecting with other authors, both established and aspiring.

I would apologise for the terrible pun but it's late and I'm tired and feeling a little rebellious. No regrets!

TaylorSaville

A Gritty, Delicate Elegy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.taylorsaville.com
Welcome! I'm new too. If I may ask, what is your book about?

Well then welcome to you too! :) My book's synopsis can be read on my website : www.taylorsaville.com Thanks for asking.

Very cool. Good luck and welcome.

Thanks so much!

Welcome, welcome. You're in the write place for connecting with other authors, both established and aspiring.

I would apologise for the terrible pun but it's late and I'm tired and feeling a little rebellious. No regrets!

No need to apologize, because I laughed. ;)

Is it okay to have a signature like this? With a little picture of the book cover?

Anna Iguana

reading all the things
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Taylor. Here's my favorite, for you :e2cookie:

indianroads

Wherever I go, there I am.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
indianroads.net
Hi.
My novel has been on Amazon for about a month and a half now - good reviews, but like you I struggle at getting the word out.

I'm a retired old fart though - so I don't write for the money (although $$$$ would be nice), I just enjoy the feeling when someone reads my novel and tells me they enjoyed it... for now at least, that's my payment.

Currently I'm about a quarter of the way through the first draft of my second novel... which I hope to get up on Amazon before the end of the year.

Everyone here has been friendly and offered good advice, so I think you've found a good place.

TaylorSaville

A Gritty, Delicate Elegy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.taylorsaville.com
Hi.
My novel has been on Amazon for about a month and a half now - good reviews, but like you I struggle at getting the word out.

I'm a retired old fart though - so I don't write for the money (although $$$$ would be nice), I just enjoy the feeling when someone reads my novel and tells me they enjoyed it... for now at least, that's my payment.

Currently I'm about a quarter of the way through the first draft of my second novel... which I hope to get up on Amazon before the end of the year.

Everyone here has been friendly and offered good advice, so I think you've found a good place.

Congratulations! It's awesome to get some good reviews. I haven't gotten that far yet, but still moving forward. Your book looks and sounds amazing. :D Good luck with your next one! I have the first in my new fantasy trilogy completed, waiting on cover art right now. Though I'm struggling to get motivated to work on the second.

indianroads

Wherever I go, there I am.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
indianroads.net
I looked at Jagged Mind, and it looks like the type of thing I would like to read. I only see hard copies available though.. I've had most of my sales via kindle downloads, are you going to go that route?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

rchapman1

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ritaleechapman.com
Welcome Taylor and good luck with Jagged Mind. You'll find plenty of like-minded authors here. Writing can be a solitary occupation so we need to keep in touch with each other. You'll also pick up some good tips.