I'm Here, I'm Queer, and I'm Looking for Writing Buddies

Emdee

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!
Long-time lurker, first-time poster here. I'm Emdee, currently living in South Texas, and I've been missing the creative writing critique sessions of my college days. My current project (monstrosity is the loving nickname I've given it) is like a literary, multi-narrator, post-apocalyptic semi-cyber punk novel with some gay stuff sprinkled in there. Really, I'm looking for people with an interest in any of those things that I can talk with and bounce ideas off. I love all things dystopian, and am just starting to get into cyber punk.

So if you want to, come say hello, and if you have any advice about the site, or reading suggestions, or forum suggestions, let me know!

:)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm here, I'm cis, and welcome! We saw you lurking but knew you'd come into the sunshine when you were good and ready. It's a pleasure to meet you.

Maryn, straightening her hostess apron

emduu

Registered
Reaction score
... Did I steal your name? ... Anyway, hello and have a nice official welcome!

(Your monstrosity sounds very interesting :D)

Phantasmagoria

Registered
Reaction score
Hey there! Welcome! If you've been lurking then you hopefully know there are lots of us rainbow flag peeps hanging about. Your project sounds interesting; I'm a fantasy writer myself, but I'm always down to read anything post-apocalyptic, fantasy, sci-fi, cyber-punk, whatevz. Especially ones peppered with Gay. I do a lot of that peppering in my work too :)

horrorchix89

Banned
Reaction score
Hello!
Long-time lurker, first-time poster here. I'm Emdee, currently living in South Texas, and I've been missing the creative writing critique sessions of my college days. My current project (monstrosity is the loving nickname I've given it) is like a literary, multi-narrator, post-apocalyptic semi-cyber punk novel with some gay stuff sprinkled in there. Really, I'm looking for people with an interest in any of those things that I can talk with and bounce ideas off. I love all things dystopian, and am just starting to get into cyber punk.

So if you want to, come say hello, and if you have any advice about the site, or reading suggestions, or forum suggestions, let me know!

:)

Welcome!

I love monstrosity novels! Bring it on! Mine is a multi-narrator, post-apocalyptic, "wait there's magic too?!", dark fantasy with zombies and wolf-hybrids. Not really into cyberpunk, but I like dystopias

Ehlionney

Vickichuuuuuuuuu
Registered
Reaction score
literary, multi-narrator, post-apocalyptic semi-cyber punk novel with some gay stuff sprinkled in there.

We have much in common, hehehehehe

I too, am writing a monstrosity sprinkled with The Gay™ (and pretty much everything else queer), although mine is dark fantasy with magitech (a couple of the genres I've heard it called are "dungeon punk" and "arcane punk"). I'm also going for the multi-narrator approach, but mine is pre-apocalyptic, or I guess during the apocalypse? Basically, the story of a dying fantasy world and the people struggling to keep an actual apocalypse situation from occurring.

Let's be friends and trade inspirations and fangirl over each other's work :O that's honestly why I joined lol

Emdee

Registered
Reaction score
We have much in common, hehehehehe

I too, am writing a monstrosity sprinkled with The Gay™ (and pretty much everything else queer), although mine is dark fantasy with magitech (a couple of the genres I've heard it called are "dungeon punk" and "arcane punk"). I'm also going for the multi-narrator approach, but mine is pre-apocalyptic, or I guess during the apocalypse? Basically, the story of a dying fantasy world and the people struggling to keep an actual apocalypse situation from occurring.

Let's be friends and trade inspirations and fangirl over each other's work :O that's honestly why I joined lol

Hey, sorry for such a late reply. I just got back to checking on my post, and I'm laughing out loud at that drawing! That's exactly me. I can't say I know much about fantasy or "dungeon punk" but it sounds interesting :)

MadAlice

We're all mad down here
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I am working on a dystopian right now with some of The Gay sprinkled as well :)

angelbae

Registered
Reaction score
Hey! I'm really queer too and I'm writing short story queer romances + commissions. :D I JUST joined, so I don't know much yet, but I'd love to talk with you about your monstrosity sometime. Hit me up whenever!

Emdee

Registered
Reaction score
Hey! I'm really queer too and I'm writing short story queer romances + commissions. :D I JUST joined, so I don't know much yet, but I'd love to talk with you about your monstrosity sometime. Hit me up whenever!

Hello to you too! I've been here for a little bit, but I don't know much either :p Your sci fi/ urban fantasy romances sound super interesting!

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
*waves*

May I echo EMaree re the Cantina - its a very fun place to be. Also, if your interested, theres like a secret santa story swap in the same forum every year. Much fun to be had all rough

*doles out the magical beverage glasses*

T.D. Dracken

Registered
Reaction score
Hello.
I'd suggest looking up a webcomic called Romantically Apocalyptic emdee. I think it's right up your alley.

I would expect to loose some productivity while you read it though.

Last edited:

DamienLoveshaft

Fudanshi
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.damienloveshaft.com
Hey, I'm FtM and I flippin love Cyberpunk and gay MCs. While I haven't specifically written any CP works I do love to GM games of Cyberpunk 2020. I'm currently writing Gay Lovecraftian mystery with some CP inspirations at the last book.