Alex Jones admits his InfoWars is a fake show, just an act.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Couldn't find another InfoWars thread, hope this isn't a duplicate.

In a child custody battle, Jones admits the conspiracy theories he spouts are all fake.

Conspiracy Theorist Alex Jones Apologizes For Spreading Fake ‘Pizzagate’ Story

That was the CT Mike Flynn's son bought into and sadly some mentally ill person took seriously enough to shoot off a rifle into the restaurant.

The radio host has endorsed several conspiracy theories, including claims that former President Barack Obama illegally wiretapped Donald Trump, that the U.S. government carried out the Sept. 11 terror attacks, and that the 2012 mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School was a hoax.
All of those CTs Trump repeated numerous times.

And of course there is the fact that Trump went on Jone's show. Here's the YouTube video of the Trump interview if you want to waste 30 minutes.

Last edited:

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
I think you forgot to include a link to the story and the context of it: http://www.mystatesman.com/news/sta...h-for-real-alex-jones/rnbWzMHnFCd5SOPgP3A34J/

He's involved in a child custody battle with his ex-wife. Apparently, back when they divorced, he got sole custody and she got a hefty amount of money. I'm not sure why she didn't get at least joint custody. Perhaps she's regretting it now? Who knows.

Anyhoo, now she's fighting for custody and claiming that he is mentally unstable which renders him unfit as a parent (which isn't a big stretch of the imagination, given his lunatic rantings on InfoWars).

His lawyer has claimed that his on-air persona is all an act ("performance art") and that he's really a nice, normal person. His wife is claiming that it's not an act at all and that he really is that raving madman in real life.

Court proceedings start soon.

:popcorn:

Last edited:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the additional link. :) I'd be interested if he has any character witnesses who know him personally with whom he talks about the fact his show is a ruse.

The wife does have a point here aside from the CT beliefs:
"He’s not a stable person,” she said of the man with whom her 14-year-old son and 9- and 12-year-old daughters have lived since her 2015 divorce. “He says he wants to break Alec Baldwin’s neck. He wants J-Lo to get raped.

“I’m concerned that he is engaged in felonious behavior, threatening a member of Congress,” she said, referring to his recent comments about California Democrat Adam Schiff. “He broadcasts from home. The children are there, watching him broadcast.”

And:
Next up was a video of a recent conversation between Jones and Stone on Infowars that quickly escalated into an expletive-studded, gay-bashing rant by Jones directed at Schiff, the ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee investigation of Trump’s Russia ties, in which, Schiff has suggested, Stone and Jones might be entangled.

Last edited:

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, "performance art" or not, most everything that comes out of his mouth in public is delusional garbage and some of it is legitimately dangerous (e.g. Pizzagate).

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Adding, he's also the leading proponent of the "Sandy Hook Massacre Was A Hoax" bullshit. This guy is so horrid, but I'm pretty certain his listeners won't care that he claimed to be an act "for the sake of his children." They'll keep listening until he's in jail and his internet access cut off.

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fuck Alex Jones and his hate spewing, and not for one moment do I believe this sudden "Oh, it's just an act" crap.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Fuck Alex Jones and his hate spewing, and not for one moment do I believe this sudden "Oh, it's just an act" crap.
It's the professional equivalent of saying "It was just a joke!" when caught being an ass in private life. And about as true. It's a supposedly face-saving lie that says a lot about the person saying it.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's the professional equivalent of saying "It was just a joke!" when caught being an ass in private life. And about as true. It's a supposedly face-saving lie that says a lot about the person saying it.

Yes, just like " Of ocorse I'll show my tax returns if elected."

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I could never fathom the pain and misery the Sandy Hook families endured after that horror. And to have that piece of shit spend years screeching how it didn't happen and the torment, bullying and bullshit those poor families endured because of Jones is unimaginable. Now for him to degrade them even more by saying "just kidding" "performance piece" makes my blood boil.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I could never fathom the pain and misery the Sandy Hook families endured after that horror. And to have that piece of shit spend years screeching how it didn't happen and the torment, bullying and bullshit those poor families endured because of Jones is unimaginable. Now for him to degrade them even more by saying "just kidding" "performance piece" makes my blood boil.

You might like the movie, Denial about the defamation lawsuit a Holocaust denier brought against a professor who called him out publicly. The UK defamation laws are different from here which made for some very interesting issues to be explored in the movie including the pain survivors feel from deniers. I found it enlightening even though I am more than familiar with the denier phenomena.

Last edited:

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
I think you forgot to include a link to the story and the context of it: http://www.mystatesman.com/news/sta...h-for-real-alex-jones/rnbWzMHnFCd5SOPgP3A34J/

He's involved in a child custody battle with his ex-wife. Apparently, back when they divorced, he got sole custody and she got a hefty amount of money. I'm not sure why she didn't get at least joint custody. Perhaps she's regretting it now? Who knows.

Anyhoo, now she's fighting for custody and claiming that he is mentally unstable which renders him unfit as a parent (which isn't a big stretch of the imagination, given his lunatic rantings on InfoWars).

His lawyer has claimed that his on-air persona is all an act ("performance art") and that he's really a nice, normal person. His wife is claiming that it's not an act at all and that he really is that raving madman in real life.

So he's screwed either way. Oh no. That's awful. Just awful.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Didn't Trump used Alex Jones as a reliable source before? Wouldn't it be wonderful if the whole freaking alt-right came crashing down as the world's dumbest dominoes?

silverrose77

Registered
Reaction score
At least he admits it, as opposed to MSNBC who spouts lies and trash all day and pretends it's Gospel.

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com

I wouldn't be surprised if she's genuinely concerned about the kid's mental health. Watching your old man spew such hatred and insanity on a daily basis has got to be mental abuse. Not to mention putting the child in danger considering how many other crazies probably drop by on an hourly basis to tell Jones what a wonderful man he is.

Hope she wins. But I don't have a lot of faith these days in any court system where women are involved. Seems that over the last few years and more so now that Trump's been elected white men get what they want and everyone else either gives in or is crushed. Or killed, murdered, scorned, doxxed... you get the idea.

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
At least he admits it, as opposed to MSNBC who spouts lies and trash all day and pretends it's Gospel.

Welcome to the Cooler, silverrose. Gee...

I watch MSNBC. And Cnn. And BBC. And even FOX. I also read the reputable online news sites like AP, Washington Post and the New York Times. I have only found discrepancies on reported news on FOX but I could be missing something. As far as Jones admitting it, it's only because right now he needs to present a better image in his child custody dispute. If it's an act to stir up the easily misled and angered just so he can reap the monetary gain, what does that say about him? And if he truly believes it???

All that aside what I don't understand is why it is somehow acceptable that opinion and commentary can blend over into facts. It seems the line gets crossed more readily in cable and radio where so much air time needs to be filled.

EM

Last edited:

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com

1. They are not equivalent

2. He only "admits" it a) when trying to avoid his wife sharing custody of their children and thus him having to pay partial child support and b) after nearly getting people killed with his asinine and irresponsible ranting, and causing unceasing harm and pain to the families and community of the the Sandy Hook Massacre. His "admission" isn't anything but a money grab

3) Since one of the rules of this subforum is to be prepared to back up statements, I'd respectfully ask for a specific instance of a lie or trash MSNBC has pretended is gospel. Otherwise, we can agree the MSM isn't great either (although I would argue they don't lie), but it's nowhere near the cesspit of fiction that Alex Jones spouts as truth.

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
1. ...
3) Since one of the rules of this subforum is to be prepared to back up statements, I'd respectfully ask for a specific instance of a lie or trash MSNBC has pretended is gospel. Otherwise, we can agree the MSM isn't great either (although I would argue they don't lie), but it's nowhere near the cesspit of fiction that Alex Jones spouts as truth.
One of the FOX (ahem) misfactuations that I found amusing was the one where President Obama spent 200 million dollars a day touring India. Now that's just silly. https://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/05/india-on-200-million-a-day-no/

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
I assume since you capitalized "Gospel" you're making an explicit biblical reference.

I'm fairly certain MSNBC does not considet their news reports to be divinely inspired.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
I kind of suspected when I first read the story that it was a tactic from Jones' lawyer, and not actually coming from Jones. Apparently I was right:

While driving to divorce court this morning, right-wing conspiracy theorist Alex Jones broadcast a live video to his Facebook followers to reassure them that he is not an actor, according to RightWingWatch.

RawStory reported Monday that Alex Jones’ divorce attorney argued his client is nothing more than a “performance artist” and “he’s playing a character” when he appears on InfoWars.

“We’re all actors, but I believe in what I stand for—I’m not an actor as my main identity,” Jones told the camera. “I am completely real and everybody knows it.”

He went on to cite right-wing successes over the last year including President Donald Trump’s win along with the Brexit vote and “taking down the New World Order.”

Anyone shouting he is fake is perpetuating a globalist plot to take him down, Jones said. Less than two hours later, Jones was in court.

So...apparently his own lawyer is "perpetuating a globalist plot to take him down?"

Sorry for the link coming from RawStory (notoriously biased and sometimes wrong), but it's the only place I could find the story right now: http://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/wat...f-the-rails-rant-on-his-way-to-divorce-court/

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'd wager even if he did take this tack in court he'd be back on the air 10 seconds after an order was written going on about how *wink wink* he has certainly said things that weren't proper and he's also said things in court.

At least one of the Sandy Hook families is still harassed by his loony tune followers -- people call/email/show up and yell at them insisting their child is alive and it was all a hoax they're perpetrating, demanding they admit it. The level of bananas is ...

BoF

Cautious Daredevil
Registered
Reaction score
Those with paranoid psychological tendencies will forever believe what Jones has "tsught" them, barring effective therapy.

Last edited: