Pence to N. Korea: Look at Syria and Afghanistan

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
U.S. Vice President Mike Pence put North Korea on notice on Monday, warning that recent U.S. strikes in Syria and Afghanistan showed that the resolve of President Donald Trump should not be tested.

Pence and South Korean acting president Hwang Kyo-ahn, speaking a day after a failed missile test by the North and two days after a huge display of missiles in Pyongyang, also said they would strengthen anti-North Korea defences by moving ahead with the early deployment of the THAAD missile-defence system. Pence is on the first stop of a four-nation Asia tour intended to show America's allies, and remind its adversaries, that the Trump administration was not turning its back on the increasingly volatile region.

"Just in the past two weeks, the world witnessed the strength and resolve of our new president in actions taken in Syria and Afghanistan," Pence said in a joint appearance with Hwang. "North Korea would do well not to test his resolve or the strength of the armed forces of the United States in this region," Pence said.
source

Saber-rattler Kim Jong-Un is, he's not impressed at all with the saber-rattling. Will Trump escalate things more?

UPDATE:

When asked for his message to North Korea following Sunday's failed missile launch, Trump responded, "They gotta behave."
Later, when ABC News pressed Trump on his next move on the Korean peninsula, the president said, "You'll see."

Ominous.

Last edited:

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
The US won't touch N. Korea. Unlike ISIS, N. Korea has a very large and powerful ally right beside them. Trump and company are horrible decision makers, but I doubt even they want an all out war with China.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The US won't touch N. Korea. Unlike ISIS, N. Korea has a very large and powerful ally right beside them. Trump and company are horrible decision makers, but I doubt even they want an all out war with China.

I do hope this is correct. On a side note, sheesh, Trump acts like Xi is now his best bud. I so would love to know how Xi felt after their chats. Could be hilarious.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
I'm glad you're so certain, SD.

Not sure what to make of our top two politicians baiting a mad man who has nukes, then. Just for funsies, I guess. More dick swinging on the world stage, maybe. Wheeeee!

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
So, Trump claimed to be sending a huge ass armada towards the Korean peninsula to.. do.. something... then it was revealed those ships were going the other way. Then Spicer claimed the armada would reach North Korea "eventually", after going somewhere else. Now the South Koreans are rightly pissed that their allies were either lying or stupid.

Were they purposely lying? Did the military took over and these dorks are just for show? Do they know a flock of birds almost caused a nuclear war?

JCornelius

Banned
Reaction score
"Just in the past two weeks, the world witnessed the strength and resolve of our new president in actions taken in Syria and Afghanistan,"

"We know, we know," said N. Korea, "we ain't blind. We also saw Iraq and Libya. That's why we're making sure we have a nuclear deterrent, imperialist pig-dog."

mcafmg.jpg

Last edited:

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
Nah. Kim's gone before the year is over.

Just a hunch... ( clicky )

-cb

Last edited:

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com

Not when China is a gold mine for him and his family. Notice how he's been softening his rhetoric about China since the election? I'm sure the reasons go beyond simply thinking the Chinese president is a nice guy.

http://fortune.com/2017/02/15/trump-brand-toilets-condoms-name-china/

http://time.com/money/4744164/ivanka-trump-brand-company-retail-sales-china/

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/02/trump-chinese-trademark/517458/

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-ivanka-trump-brand-20170418-story.html

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/04/trump-china

Nah. Kim's gone before the year is over.

Just a hunch... ( clicky )

-cb

Possibly, but what will rise to take his place? And poor South Korea. Nukes or no nukes, they're in a very vulnerable position.

Last edited:

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
The only way to make sense of Trump's rhetoric is to remember he's the king of bull. To him, the truth is meaningless. He wants to sound tough, so he says he's sending the navy. That doesn't mean he'll bother to start sending orders to make it so, in Picard's words.

One thing that seems to be bugging Trump horribly about being President is that your words are always recorded. You can't just shrug and say no, you never said that. It's cramping his style bigly.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Wow... whatever sites those links went to crashed my browser.