Hello hello!

Tinuviel

A someday author wannabe.
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all you good people!

I'm a teen--I'm still in school and not really looking to get anything published yet, but I love to write so...here I am! It is good to be with you. I've done some looking around and this seems like a really cool place for those who enjoy writing to congregate in. Hopefully I'll get to know some people and get some good input here!

What's up in your lives?

Comanche

Huh??
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone who calls herself Tinuviel is welcome!

Been reading Professor Tolkien's works for many years.

Tinuviel

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone who calls herself Tinuviel is welcome!

Been reading Professor Tolkien's works for many years.

Thank you for the welcome! Tolkien is definitely a favorite author of mine! I've been reading his works for "years" also, but I'm pretty sure my definition of "years" would be different than others! Suffice to say I was hooked after reading LotR when I was 9 years old.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Tinuviel

Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Thanks for the info! That should be very helpful.

Jamills08

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm new also and I've been poking around the site reading for about a week. You are getting a great early start

GeorgiaCM

Registered
Reaction score
Website
darklovestories.com

I'm a teen--I'm still in school and not really looking to get anything published yet, but I love to write so...here I am!

It's great that you're reaching out. I started writing when I was a teen too, but I didn't have anything like this--the internet was in its infancy then (he he, I'm showing my age). But you're doing the right thing. Keep writing, reading, and learning.

Tinuviel

Registered
Reaction score
Hello and Welcome!!!:)

Thank you!

It's great that you're reaching out. I started writing when I was a teen too, but I didn't have anything like this--the internet was in its infancy then (he he, I'm showing my age). But you're doing the right thing. Keep writing, reading, and learning.

Yes, this looks like a great resource, I am very excited!

Argon

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Tinuviel. I remember how much I enjoyed reading the Fellowship of the Ring. My favorite scene is the moment when our friends run into the Nazgul for the first time along the East Road. I thought the book did a better job of evoking images than the movie did.

Tinuviel

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Tinuviel. I remember how much I enjoyed reading the Fellowship of the Ring. My favorite scene is the moment when our friends run into the Nazgul for the first time along the East Road. I thought the book did a better job of evoking images than the movie did.

Hello! That is a great part! My favourite parts are probably too many to mention, but I always enjoyed the parts with Faramir in the later books. I've never seen the movies. I saw the trailers, and that was enough for me!

Comanche

Huh??
Registered
Reaction score
. . . I thought the book did a better job of evoking images than the movie did.

Absolutely! Not that Jackson's movies weren't good, but Tolkien wrote as if he were writing a history book, yet let the reader's imagination fill in the details.

Hmmmm - wonder if it's time for me to make another pilgrimage to Middle Earth. It's been awhile.

Tinuviel

Registered
Reaction score
Absolutely! Not that Jackson's movies weren't good, but Tolkien wrote as if he were writing a history book, yet let the reader's imagination fill in the details.

Hmmmm - wonder if it's time for me to make another pilgrimage to Middle Earth. It's been awhile.

Always :)

The Urban Spaceman

Existential quandary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theurbanspaceman.net

I'm a teen--I'm still in school and not really looking to get anything published yet, but I love to write so...here I am! It is good to be with you. I've done some looking around and this seems like a really cool place for those who enjoy writing to congregate in. Hopefully I'll get to know some people and get some good input here!

What's up in your lives?

Hello and welcome! You're never too young to write. This place is indeed quite frosty; I think they keep the air conditioning up quite high.

Tinuviel

Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome! You're never too young to write. This place is indeed quite frosty; I think they keep the air conditioning up quite high.

Thanks for the welcome. That should be normal for you, right? spacemen must be pretty used to the cold ;)