• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Tiny Fox Press

Toastymallow

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Tiny Fox Press? Anyone have any dealings with them?

TIA!

~Toasty

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Moving this to the Bewares forum.

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Currently closed to submissions...

They have ten titles now, five out and five coming soon (according to the 'products' page). Three or four are by one of their acquisition folks (presumably the indie author mentioned higher up the thread). They seem to lean toward speculative with humor and also military fiction.

On their FAQ page they say they aim for 1 - 3 new authors per year. That matches their list, which has currently about seven authors.

Their 'save the date' page is a year out of date (says they hope to open to submissions in March or April of 2018).

Some of the covers are good. I had originally put them as a 'probably yes' but now am shifting them to a 'wait and see.'

euryale

Registered
Reaction score
I'm such a lurker, can't believe I'm updating this. They sent me a nice rejection, and they're up to 9 signed authors and about 30 books. They seem to be getting good reviews for what they put out, and PW even gave them a starred for one of their scifi / mysteries.

That's it. Back to lurking.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, eurydale! That's a really helpful contribution to the community. I'll add them back to my 'keep an eye on' list ;)

Lurk as long as you like, but you'll get a warm welcome whenever you do :e2cheer:post

• Love
Reactions: Maryn

Brigid Barry

Under Consideration and Revising
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
These folks reopened to submissions on February 1, and I have to tell you I have never been more confused about whether or not they were open to certain genres. From their submissions page:

Tiny Fox Press first and foremost is in search of engaging stories needing a great home. We do have a small range of genres we prefer and some others we’ll consider, so be sure to familiarize yourself with what we’re after. If your text doesn’t fit neatly in one genre, as long as it’s not solidly in our “Not For Us” category, send it in anyway. For length, we’re only searching for full-length novels.

• Our primary focus is in the following genres of fiction: Sci-Fi/Fantasy (LitRPG included), YA (see above)
  • We will consider when the stars align, dogs and cats start living together, etc.: Magical Realism, Historical Fiction, Funny/Satirical Cozy Mysteries, Commercial, Bizarre
  • Even if The Four Horsemen ride in from the heavens and smite every other press out of existence, we are not right for: Mystery (again barring something fun like The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse or our Awful Truth series), Suspense/Thriller, Chic-lit, Romance, pure Erotica (extra spicy scenes are fine, but makes those scenes meaningful to the plot / characters and not 90% filler), Chapter Books, Early Readers, Literary, Short Stories (including collections), Poetry and Non-Fiction
  • We do not consider previously published material (yes, this includes self-published anything, anywhere that hit the public)
Are they or aren't they looking for historical fiction, etc? I appreciate that they're trying to be funny but it looks like they only want adult and YA Sci-fi and fantasy.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It looks like their top choice is F/SF, but they will consider historical fiction.

ETA: It might be worth looking at what they've published so far, if they've put out any histfic, and if so how it's done comparatively.

Brigid Barry

Under Consideration and Revising
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has dealt with them but according to their FAQ they pay an advance. Covers look okay