Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Liz - Sounds like you got things sorted out. Yay! :D

ETA: missed some of you!

Slaven - Congrats on finishing the novelette!

Brechin - Sounds very intense, but awesome if it works for you. :D

muse - I know that feeling. I feel like I've done nothing, which is stupid b/c I've done a lot of edits but no real drafting. After May 1st, I'll be kicking it into gear IF I'm not completely braindead. We'll see.

I'm on page 92. Almost to the end of the first half of copyedits. Still a bit ahead, which is good b/c I wanted a week to do a quick reread and of course setting everything up to be published by May 1st.

Last edited:

Bassel

climbing steps
Registered
Reaction score
I hope April holds 1000 thousand words a day for me.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Bassel. Good luck with your 1K word target.

So I've slept on my ideas, and I've realized I need to pretty much rewrite what I've got for WIP #2 with a different focus, and that's actually not a bad thing because I'm kind of excited by it now.

I really should be working on the WIP #1 synopsis, but I think I'll move on to the WIP #2 editing, which is going to really be redrafting. I can do 15K in a week, surely. :)

It's great to hear you so excited about your WIP, Liz. Good luck with the rewrite.

muse - I know that feeling. I feel like I've done nothing, which is stupid b/c I've done a lot of edits but no real drafting. After May 1st, I'll be kicking it into gear IF I'm not completely braindead. We'll see.

I'm on page 92. Almost to the end of the first half of copyedits. Still a bit ahead, which is good b/c I wanted a week to do a quick reread and of course setting everything up to be published by May 1st.

Good luck with the publishing deadline, Saoirse.

I'm plodding away on the new WIP. I'm determined to get it done, even if it's still very rough. Today I've firmed up 8 scenes, but the real problem ones are still waiting for me.

Happy weekend writing everyone. :greenie

Brechin Frost

Registered
Reaction score
Saoirse - It seems intense but it's really just a period of high productiveness followed by recuperation before I get back to my regular routine.

Although there's the antithesis of those productive episodes, where I'm depressed and it's hard to do anything and I've really got to force myself to maintain a routine or otherwise I end up hiding under my covers, reviewing every horrible, embarrassing, anxiety-causing, misery-inducing thing I've experienced. (Is this an overshare?)

Good luck with the editing, hope you keep ahead. :D

Keep up the good work everyone. I'm hoping to reach 30,000 at least by the end of March. Though, 35,000 would be even better. :)

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hugs, Brechin.

26 pages edited today. I had a mishap. My editor sent my copyedits in two separate documents. She used track changes to make her corrections. I went to copy the second document's contents into the first, thinking her corrections and comments would copy over too. Well, I got about 10 pages in and discovered that only her comments made it through, and all her corrections were accepted. So I had to redo all 10 pages of corrections! But luckily I had the master document and could check on things. But it sorta took the wind out of my sails. I'm just glad I discovered it so soon, and not when I was finally done! So just fyi if you didn't know -- corrections are automatically accepted when copying corrected text in Open Office.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
26 pages edited today. I had a mishap. My editor sent my copyedits in two separate documents. She used track changes to make her corrections. I went to copy the second document's contents into the first, thinking her corrections and comments would copy over too. Well, I got about 10 pages in and discovered that only her comments made it through, and all her corrections were accepted. So I had to redo all 10 pages of corrections! But luckily I had the master document and could check on things. But it sorta took the wind out of my sails. I'm just glad I discovered it so soon, and not when I was finally done! So just fyi if you didn't know -- corrections are automatically accepted when copying corrected text in Open Office.

Good to know. Glad you spotted the mistake before you went too far.

I've edited another 6 scenes. Still haven't got to the problem scenes yet, but I'm getting closer. :greenie

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing today so far. Shall try to do at least one scene this evening.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here's hoping things speed up for us all.

I've been hovering between dead slow and stop. (Today is a stop day. :greenie)

I shall do better tomorrow.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thanks, Brechin & muse! I'm rooting for you! :e2cheer:

7 pages done so far today. I have the day off work so I figured I'd spend it editing. Fun.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the 7 pages, Saorise. That's 6 more than me. :greenie.

I swear my days contain fewer hours than they used to.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
WHOA, Saoirse, that cover! Gorgeous! :heart:

Well done everyone, and :Hug2: for all the struggles. It is not an easy thing, life.

I've become a bit distracted with my new baby. I rewrote a big chunk of it yesterday, and I think it works better, but who knows? Now I'm back to WIP #2, about which I also have no objectivity, but at least stuff is happening. I think? 1609 today between the two, anyway. And I'm not sure trying to write two at once is a good idea.

I'm pretty sure I need more sleep than I am getting!

NBgirl

Registered
Reaction score
I am working on my first novel and trying to keep to a minimum of 500 words per day. It's been nice to see my writing speed pick up as I continue to work. This is all new for me but so far I am really enjoying it. Carving out the time to work on my story is the challenge right now.

Slaven

Wetting my feet get
Registered
Reaction score
I am working on my first novel and trying to keep to a minimum of 500 words per day. It's been nice to see my writing speed pick up as I continue to work. This is all new for me but so far I am really enjoying it. Carving out the time to work on my story is the challenge right now.

Just keep enjoying; writing is about letters not numbers! :)

Slaven

Wetting my feet get
Registered
Reaction score
My April goal is to edit WP1 (a Christian book) and go as far as I can with my second novel. My friend asked me about publishing dates. Sounds weird maybe but I'm not thinking about publishing, I focus on my writing and experimenting with genres a bit. When I started writing I was so into publishing plans. Funny :)

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thanks, Liz! Did it myself. ;) Awesome work on both WIPs.

NBgirl - Welcome and good luck with your goal!

Slaven - Good luck with editing both novels.

25 pages done last night. I stopped around 8pm b/c my vision was going wonky. Will pick it back up a bit later today.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Saoirse - love the cover! And well done on the 25 pages

Liz - sounds like you're gaining traction with both WIP's.

Hi, NBgirl. :hi:With 500 words a day you'll have your novel done in no time.

Slaven - good luck with the editing.

3 scenes edited today. Just have another...zillion to do.:Headbang:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Go, everybody! :e2cheer:

I've been shoving bits around all weekend, and really, the problem is I'm starting the story in the wrong place and/or in the wrong way. I don't know what the hell I'm doing with this story. I need to regroup and maybe throw it all out again or perhaps start drinking in the mornings. I'm not sure.