Fictional Autobiography

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnalia

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I am facing confusion doing one school assignment and I would need your help. My task is to write a fictional story with title'When I was afraid' in which the main character is my own self. The story should contain a turnaround. Length : 1 page.

Assessment criteria: Ability to view the autobiographical material in the author's experience, and the ability to produce a narrative twist, substantial intensification of skill and originality.

I have never wrote any fictional autobiography that's why it is hard for me to begin. Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

John

Zoe R

Fluffhead! Fluffy fluffy head!
Registered
Reaction score
It sounds like they just want a fiction story with 1st person point of view, where you draw off of personal experiences in the work. For example, don't write about being afraid of heights if you aren't, but if you are terrified of spiders you could used that in your fictional story.

The Urban Spaceman

Existential quandary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theurbanspaceman.net
I think Zoe has the gist of it. I would struggle with this, as there isn't much I'm afraid of (a slow, painful death is one of them, but it's not exactly a fear that can be conquered).

Why not do something like: Ever since I was little, my brother/sister/cousin told me there was a monster living in the lake near the cabin we stayed at every summer. Although I could swim well, I was afraid to go into the deep water of the lake... until one day I saw a kid/puppy/friend/whatever struggling to stay afloat, and I had to put aside that fear or watch the kid/puppy/friend/whatever drown.

Finland isn't exactly short on lakes, so something like that should be feasible. :p Better if you could work a real fear into it somehow, but if your fear isn't a tangible thing which can be overcome, you might have to make something up (lake monsters FTW!)

Comanche

Huh??
Registered
Reaction score
There are lots of ideas for a fictional autobiography.

For instance, take something important or dramatic that has happened to you. Now, set the current scene, then extrapolate into the future. Think of any prediction you might have as a consequence your actions in the present, then you develop a turnaround in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.