• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking readers for speculative fiction (only ~6k words)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlequin

Eat books, not brains!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sunyidean.com
I've got a reasonably polished (been through paid editor) speculative fiction/fantasy novel. Feedback from betas (all volunteers so far) and CP is that the story is good in later sections but that the opening two chapters are still overly complex.

I'd appreciate as much feedback as I can get on whether you find that to be the case. First two chapters are approximately 6k words which is all I want looked at.

Happy to do reads in return (though probably not too long, since I'm already beta reading two other full length things).

dickson

Hairy on the inside
Registered
Reaction score
I've got a reasonably polished (been through paid editor) speculative fiction/fantasy novel. Feedback from betas (all volunteers so far) and CP is that the story is good in later sections but that the opening two chapters are still overly complex.

I'd appreciate as much feedback as I can get on whether you find that to be the case. First two chapters are approximately 6k words which is all I want looked at.

Happy to do reads in return (though probably not too long, since I'm already beta reading two other full length things).

I would be happy to give your 6k a read in return for the same for the first two chapters of my (third person omniscient first-contact SF) novel. They actually come to just over 7k, but you could stop at 6.

-Dickson

Olde1649

Registered
Reaction score
I'm happy to do the same. I like reading speculative fiction - but I tend to write realist fiction. Would you be willing to swap for the first 6k of a campus novel/thriller?

dickson

Hairy on the inside
Registered
Reaction score
I'm happy to do the same. I like reading speculative fiction - but I tend to write realist fiction. Would you be willing to swap for the first 6k of a campus novel/thriller?

I'm game! Assuming your reply was meant for all comers . . . If not, best of luck!

PM me with (safe, i. e. @ expanded as '20'at2'0') contact details if interested.

-Dickson

Status
Not open for further replies.