AW Reads — One book we all read

Would you be interested in a site-wide book reading and discussion?

• Not interested, sorry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else which I'll explain in a post

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm mostly gauging interest in a site-wide project where we pick a single book and we all read it.

At this point, I'm not trying to pick a book; merely to see if this is something that members would be interested in doing.

I'm thinking that in addition to reading and discussing a book, I'd try to collect resources related to the book.

Please let me know your thoughts in the poll and in posts, but we're not picking a book at this point; we're just gauging interest.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My city is in its 13th(?) year of "If All Of Us Read The Same Book." It's well stocked at libraries and area bookstores. The author comes to town for discussions with various groups, from college students to seniors to aspiring writers. Depending on the book's content, there may be various discussions with civic groups in whose wheelhouse the book fits nicely.

Some years I read the book, but it always depends on whether it sounds like it might be interesting to me and when I hear about it. This year it's "The Enchanted" by Rene Denfield. I've been aware of it for a couple of days at the most, although it was apparently announced some time ago, and without looking it up, I have no idea what it's about. Ms. Denfield is here now, and the publicity surrounding her visit reminded me, far too late, that this was going on.

It might be worth a side discussion on how the book for such a read could be chosen, what kind of timeframe is reasonable, and possibly whether its author might visit us.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
My city is in its 13th(?) year of "If All Of Us Read The Same Book." It's well stocked at libraries and area bookstores. The author comes to town for discussions with various groups, from college students to seniors to aspiring writers. Depending on the book's content, there may be various discussions with civic groups in whose wheelhouse the book fits nicely.

Some years I read the book, but it always depends on whether it sounds like it might be interesting to me and when I hear about it. This year it's "The Enchanted" by Rene Denfield. I've been aware of it for a couple of days at the most, although it was apparently announced some time ago, and without looking it up, I have no idea what it's about. Ms. Denfield is here now, and the publicity surrounding her visit reminded me, far too late, that this was going on.

It might be worth a side discussion on how the book for such a read could be chosen, what kind of timeframe is reasonable, and possibly whether its author might visit us.

Yep. I want to see first if there's any interest at all, though it's potential issue choosing a living author, since the membership is large. I'm frequently surprised by being told when I meet authors that they "know" me from AW, though I had no idea they were a member.

Last edited:

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Yep. I want to see first if there's any interest at all, though it's potential issue choosing a living author, since the membership is large. I'm frequently surprised by being told when I meet authors that they "know" me from AW, though I had no idea they were a member.

Well, to be fair, if your parents named you "AW Admin," you're going to get that... ;)

Put me down as a "definite maybe." Will depend on the book, though. (It's not that I only read certain things, but rather there are some things I'm just not interested in reading.)