IT movie trailer

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I listened to that entire book on tape and the main thing that stuck with me was that Pennywise was a load bearing monster.

...seriously, they killed it, and then the ENTIRE TOWN EXPLODES.

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
I've read the book about five times and thinking about a number six. The original movie stank, but this trailer looks good.

I'm bummed because I don't have a TV. (Some scum stole it and all the money in my purse while I was asleep one night.) and I don't watch enough tV to justify buying another. I'm hoping Hulu will show it or I can watch a online somewhere else.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
one of the kids from Stranger Things is in this.....so....i'm gonna watch it....LOL

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
Of all the Horror I've ever read, IT was the only one that ever got to me. Had me sleeping with the lights on. To be fair, I read it when I was only 14 myself. Might be time for a re-read...

MythMonger

Willing to Learn
Registered
Reaction score
Of all the Horror I've ever read, IT was the only one that ever got to me. Had me sleeping with the lights on. To be fair, I read it when I was only 14 myself. Might be time for a re-read...

Ditto that, except I was a freshman in college and my roommate frowned on keeping the lights on at night.

30 years later and I have distinct memories of walking around campus, all freaked out.

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
Honestly didn't make that much of an impression on me when I read it--I considered it okay, but not one of King's best. Maybe I just don't have the terrified-of-clowns gene.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Me too. I think I was younger than that when I read it, and I had visions of clowns coming out of the drains to attack me in my sleep.

Terrifying.

Spooky

Even the sphinx has eyes O_O
Registered
Reaction score
I carry Derry, The Losers and Pennywise with me wherever I go, I contemplate this tale several times a week and I encountered it a long ass time ago, it's a truly magical paperweight. What I like most is how thoroughly King explores the town, I have always been attracted to the dimly appreciated junkplaces like crappy tracts of woodland, run down buildings and underpasses and streams and sewers, there is intrigue and fantasy in every nook and cranny after all and I expect to run into a leering clown against whom I am society's only weapon every time I turn around :hooray:

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Honestly didn't make that much of an impression on me when I read it--I considered it okay, but not one of King's best. Maybe I just don't have the terrified-of-clowns gene.
Years ago I tried reading IT and stopped. I found it boring. Saw the movie and liked that instead, which is unusual. Clowns don't scare me, but I've always felt that they're creepy.

Just like certain dolls....

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
I have not read the book and didn't see the original. Clowns do not scare me at all. BUT...I love horror movies and it looks to pretty well done. Looks like this had been in the works for quite a few years before anything finally came to be.

It's directed by the same guy who did MAMA (another movie I very much want to see--maybe this weekend).

Last edited:

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I have a theory about why clowns became scary.

Basically, the make up is exaggerated and designed to show a human expression - it works really well at a distance (say, sitting in a bleacher, looking at a big top's central stage.)

BUt once you get close, the clown starts looking more and more uncanny valley-ey until you're just like, "Eeugh!"

telford

We learn by doing
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like it might be okay. Hmm, we'll see.

Zoe R

Fluffhead! Fluffy fluffy head!
Registered
Reaction score
ahhhhh too scary! lol

HarvesterOfSorrow

Registered
Reaction score
I'm addicted to the trailer. It is my favourite novel, and was a huge inspiration on my writing. When I was planning on going to film school, I had this grand plan that It was going to be my opus, that I would adapt it into three films. Once I heard the film was green-lit (this was when Cary Fukanaga was still involved), my filmmaking dreams crumbled, and I concentrated more on my novels. It looks like they're gonna do the book right, and that's really all I want. It looks like they did the King right.

Underdawg47

Registered
Reaction score
I loved the book but was disappointed with the ending. I hated the first movie. It seemed stupid to me. I hope this new movie is better than the first one.

Spooky

Registered
Reaction score
The original adaptation had some faults but Curry was a delightful Pennywise imo, he was bubbly and he was vicious, I don't know whether this new dude can fill those kinda squishy clown shoes, he also had several hours of scenes to make wretched, no idea if they'll have part 2 or 3 in this.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
I think we all know one scene that's going to be skipped, but I wonder what else will be. It looks like there's so much in the trailer. The bully (can't remember his name), the Leper, the library, Little georgie, the slides (which I think was a photo album in the book)...

Actually, I just realized, there's no scenes of the Loser's club as adults in the trailer...

Spooky

Registered
Reaction score
I hope the outlandish scene where Pennywise manifests as the actual moon sending down florid lullabies to Henry in his cell will be replicated in glorious big bucks special effects fashion, dusty dude in the hearse who comes to pick him up (readers know who I'm on about) always cracked me up, Pennywise has it all planned out pulling the strings like some jovial mobster of the cosmos.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
I hope someone adds a sound effect when Georgie hits the sign. Like Homer Simpson's "D'oh!"

MythMonger

Willing to Learn
Registered
Reaction score
Watched this last night.

Was NOT disappointed.

Loved Pennywise. Fastest 2+ hour movie I've seen in some time.

Wife grabbed my arm during one particular tense scene and I thought I was going to leap out of my chair. :partyguy: