how do I change the email connected to my account

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

So, I had a bit of a frustrating experience. I had a bit of a brain fart and couldn't remember my password. I was going to do a change password, but realized my mellymel account is connected to an old email that no longer exists. I contacted and sent an email to the Contact Us tab on the bottom but no one responded. So, I attempted to create a new username hoping to get on the board and let admin know my situation so they could help me. However, I never received the confirmation email to activate my account so I couldn't do anything. I sent another email explaining the situation and still didn't hear back. I then sent a third email but, again, didn't hear back. Not sure what is going on, but it's been a bit frustrating.

Miraculously, I managed to remember the password I created almost 8 years ago and was able to get in, but I would still like to change my email account connected to this username should I ever run into this problem again.

Thanks!

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Up at the top of the page go to "settings". On the left hand side scroll down a little and you'll see an option for changing email and password. Note: I have not tried this, but it is there.

MM

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
You will need to watch for an email from the server asking if you really did change your email address; it will be sent to the OLD email address.

The email will have a link that you will need to click to confirm your email address.

You will not be able to post until you confirm that you did in fact make the change.

You can PM me or use the Contact Us form on the bottom of any AW Forum page if you change your email and it's been 24 hours, and you have checked spam filters, etc, and have not received the email with the link.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
I don't have access to the old email address. it was one of those emails related to a cable company i was with. They cancelled the email account several months after we cancelled our cable.

Fortunately, I remembered the password and I'm back. What I don't understand is why I never received the the link for the new account I started. I did Register as a New Member and created a new screen name with my current email address and I never received the link. And sadly, I don't trust the Contact Us tab at the bottom because I sent three emails under the new name/email address and I never got a response.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have access to the old email address. it was one of those emails related to a cable company i was with. They cancelled the email account several months after we cancelled our cable.

Fortunately, I remembered the password and I'm back. What I don't understand is why I never received the the link for the new account I started. I did Register as a New Member and created a new screen name with my current email address and I never received the link. And sadly, I don't trust the Contact Us tab at the bottom because I sent three emails under the new name/email address and I never got a response.

You realize that this is a free website that's entirely staffed by volunteers, right?

When you registered you agreed to a TOS that clearly stated one account per member?

I'm glad you remembered your password.

I'm disheartened by your general air of entitlement.

Status
Not open for further replies.