• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Rebellion Publishing / Abaddon Books

Bacchus

Registered
Reaction score
A friend of mine shared this link on Facebook

http://www.abaddonbooks.com/post/1839

which may be of interest to some?

It looks like you sign over all your IP rights, including the capacity for the new owners to solicit stories from other authors using the world/characters that you created (conversely of course, you can use worlds from their existing portfolio) so it might not be for everyone, but I thought I'd share with the forum

az shea

Copy editor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aszanoni.blogspot.com
There is indeed a thread for Solaris on AW. But Abaddon's not listed separately. :/

As Yog and CaoPaux say, Solaris is...

An imprint from Games Workshop.

And--

Was acquired by Rebellion Publishing in '09 (http://www.rebellion.co.uk/).

This thread is for/about the imprint of Rebellion/Solaris, Abaddon Books.

First, Abaddon's got an open call for submissions right now. They're seeking novellas and novels in sf/f etc.

Note that this would be work for hire -- not the usual author-publisher relationship of possible advances, etc.

Doesn't seem like there's a general Rebellion topic, so... Has anyone had any recent-ish experiences with Rebellion and its imprints, Solaris, Abbadon, and Ravenstone?

I'd be curious what experiences anyone's had with Abaddon too.

FWIW, Paizo does WFH also. I enjoyed proofreading Paizo's module [as a long-time gaming geek]. PM me if you'd like a description for how WFH worked for me as a freelance editor. :)

BlinkerBot

Displaced New Englander
Registered
Reaction score
If anyone threw in on this opportunity (like me) and has been wondering what's been going for the last 6 months (like me!), I just got my rejection. A very complimentary, personalized rejection, but a rejection just the same. *le sigh* Figured I'd post something here since there's pretty much zero news on the interwebs about the status of the Abaddon Work for Hire subs. Good luck to anyone that's still in it!