• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

[Paying] Looking for readthroughs of 80k space adventure novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

blunderer

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for readers familiar with sci-fi (especially military SF or space opera) to do a quick readthrough of my completed 80K-word space adventure novel.

I'm basically looking for the opinions and responses of sci-fi fans familiar with the genre. I'm not looking for full beta reads that give detailed feedback on the writing, but more of a casual review of what worked for you as a genre fan and what didn't.

I'm willing to pay a small negotiable fee for your troubles.

The novel is about a cerebral spacecraft control technology, the clandestine manipulations behind a war, and the journeys of three major characters (and others) through the mess resulting from both. A fuller blurb comes at the end of the post.

If you think you might be interested, please mail me at someonehadblundered [at] gmail.com. The novel will be ready for reading in the first few days of April.

Thank you!

--

In the shadow of a looming war between the Federation and the Initiative, Gerrard Meiers receives a message from his father who was supposed to have disappeared years ago. Following its instructions, he finds himself injected with a cerebral implant he was no way of removing without killing himself. What's worse, he awakes onboard the ship of an Initiative agent who needs the implant back in the Initiative, across a border about to break out into war.

Forced into a corner, Gerrard agrees to the agent's insane plan: to steal a Navy ship to cross the border. But along the way, Gerrard discovers that the implant holds a deadly secret--one which could either arrest the outbreak of war or kickstart it. But to master the implant's secret, Gerrard must first overcome his own troubled mind, filled with guilt at having bombarded innocent civilians in the past.

As Gerrard travels towards the Initiative, he finds himself deeper and deeper in a plot involving Inca, a super-soldier with an unprecedented gift with the Whisper spacecraft technology, who must battle her own nation's forces to save it; and Undersecretary of Defense Strontium, who has a chance to expose the horrific origins of the Whisper technology, but only by allowing pirate forces to invade the world he's sworn to protect.

Each in their own way, the characters must find a form of humanity they can still believe in, and bring it back to an inhumane world.

If you enjoy adventures, space battles, and spy intrigue, you'll be sure to love this smashing debut novel from independent author and spaceship enthusiast [redacted].

--

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.