Hello new writerly friends!

DreamBig2014

Copywriter / WF & NA Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm Carrie. I'm from MN and am enduring my second go around with the querying game. I have several fulls and partials out for my current NA / WF manuscript, and I wish I could manifest additional patience because all I do is refresh my email, check Querytracker.net, and stalk agents on Twitter. Or maybe I should manifest a life. Yes, that would be better. :)

Of course, I am taking advantage of the downtime to read some fantastic new books and start plotting my new manuscript, which is what brought me here. I'm hoping by helping others, I'll hone my editorial eye a little better as I only have 2 CPs and neither are currently working on anything.

Anyway, I've typed your eyes off enough! I look forward to chillin' with you fine peeps 'round the water cooler. Cheers!

Last edited:

Anna Iguana

reading all the things
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Carrie. I'm also from the Midwest, writing WF, and like to read NA and WF. I'm not looking for a CP now, but I hope to be looking soon. Wanted to put myself on your radar as well as saying hello. :welcome:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

DreamBig2014

Copywriter / WF & NA Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Carrie. I'm also from the Midwest, writing WF, and like to read NA and WF. I'm not looking for a CP now, but I hope to be looking soon. Wanted to put myself on your radar as well as saying hello. :welcome:

Hi Anna! :hi: Great to hear from you. Consider yourself on my radar! Feel free to message me if/when you'd like to discuss exchanging work.

Have a fantastic hump day! :snoopy::snoopy::snoopy:

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, Tom! :)

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Carrie. Welcome to the forum and good luck with this round of querying. You'll find excellent help here, if you're looking for it. :hi:

Linnet_Crawford

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the water cooler! Congrats on the partial and full requests. I'm still at the radio-silence stage, but I feel your pain with the waiting... :D

yazeed

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the water cooler.

NOTE: this site does indeed cool water, just pour water on your computer and the water will cool immediately!!

Vanya

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum !! I am playing the waiting game too actually double crossing it with rejections!!

Argon

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Carrie. I'm from Ohio. I hope you keep the cold from sliding this way.

Cyath

Registered
Reaction score
Wherever you are from - a warm welcome!

Yzjdriel

forgetful elephant
Registered
Reaction score
Hey there!

Take it from me, having a social life isn't as important as all my friends with social lives keep trying to convince me it is. :tongue