Saving Correction Settings for a manuscript in MS Word

Edwardian

Registered
Reaction score
I'm proof-reading my manuscript in MS Word 2007, and I want to save ignore settings for when I reopen it so I don't have to tell Word again to ignore words and spellings it doesn't recognize a nth time. For example, if I have a word like 'Tickerdeeboo,' and I've previously told Word to ignore it (word thinks it's wrong), can I set it that Word will remember my choice to ignore? Otherwise telling Word repeatedly to ignore it (and many other words) could get old.

Edwardian

Registered
Reaction score
I'm proof-reading my manuscript in MS Word 2007, and I want to save ignore settings for when I reopen it so I don't have to tell Word again to ignore words and spellings it doesn't recognize a nth time. For example, if I have a word like 'Tickerdeeboo,' and I've previously told Word to ignore it (word thinks it's wrong), can I set it that Word will remember my choice to ignore? Otherwise telling Word repeatedly to ignore it (and many other words) could get old.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, shoot--I knew that one! I rarely know anything tech-ish.

Maryn, too darned slow

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, thanks for giving me credit for knowing and arriving after you had the answer.

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
"Ignore" in the right-click context menu is only good for that editing session, AFAIK. As AW Admin pointed out, you need to add to the dictionary.