The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Greetings!

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin JKDay's Avatar

Greetings!

Hello all.

I'm attempting to direct the energy that I would otherwise be spending on angst into writing. This has forced me to confront the fact that I have no idea what I'm doing. Regardless of whether or not that minor problem can be resolved, this looks like a great community that I'm looking forward to being part of.

Currently grinding my way through a profoundly dysfunctional novella and posting odds and ends on a blog (link crassly inserted into signature, as is the custom). Simultaneously more ideas and less confidence than is comfortable. Am yet to dip the first toe into the scary, business end of the pool.

Happy and eager to read or discuss just about anything.

Nasty Woman AW Moderator regdog's Avatar

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
    at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
    Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
    Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
    50 posts. Donít make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
    Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other membersí works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
    Hereís how to Promote With Aplomb.
    My Blog-Updated on 10/9/14 An Open Letter To Hasbro

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing

reading all the things Anna Iguana's Avatar
    Hi, JK. Welcome.

Welcome! And the writing side of the pool is by far more fun than the business side--in my opinion. I hope it helps keep the angst at bay and everyone loves dysfunctional in literature!

Welcome to the forum! For what it's worth, I know published authors who maintain they really don't know what they're doing, but it doesn't seem to stop people devouring their books!