Spring is Here: Equinox 2017

Olde1649

Registered
Reaction score
Mixed day in south Wales. Rain in the morning, sun in the afternoon, and a cold wind in the evening.

But the daffodils were out on St David's Day.

Chasing the Horizon

Blowing in the Wind
Registered
Reaction score
The weather here has been drunk all year and refusing to go home no matter how many times I tell it. For most of February and the first 13 days of March it was ridiculously warm, getting as high as 70 degrees. All the spring plants bloomed and the robins came back. Then the temperature plummeted and we got 20 inches of snow. Then it went back to normal. Then, two nights ago, it was 10 degrees. Today it was 75. The forecast calls for normal PA spring (50-70 with endless rain occasionally punctuated by gloomy clouds) to finally happen starting tomorrow, but I no longer trust it...

I have lived in this area my entire life and never had the weather be this insanely inconsistent for this long.

Jerboa

frelled
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ejtett.weebly.com
It's like actual real spring here (south west England) at the mo. The sun is out (and it's actually warm), spring flowers are all out, trees are blossoming and yesterday I saw an absolute ton of brimstone butterflies. Lushness.

Keithy

Just keep swimming
Registered
Reaction score
I am again wishing that the clocks could be left alone. All that fiddling with them an hour back or forth does not grant us any more light.

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
The meadowlarks and robins showed up a few weeks ago, as well as the first killdeer.

Dandelions are popping up. My crabapple trees are starting to break bud, and my columbine are about six inches tall.