A good article on motivation

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what forum I should post this in, and I'm also aware that most people here would think I'm the last person likely to post such an article, but I ran across this today, and thought it was worth a look:

http://www.businessinsider.com/15-ways-to-drown-out-the-negative-voice-in-your-head-2017-3

Now, I'm also not a big fan of this particular publication, but that's sort of an ad hominem. I did think this had value.*

caw

*Even if it ain't likely to work for me.

Emily Winslow

Do Not Walk on the Grass
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emilywinslow.com
Thanks, Blacbird!

I especially liked this one:

"3. What you tell yourself: "I'm not in the mood.What you should think or do instead: "Procrastinate with purpose."

That's what Krysa, who is also an artist, does when she doesn't feel like tackling a big task.

"Maybe that means I go into the studio and I use that hour to tidy everything up. Or maybe I go to the art supply store and stock up on everything I'm low on," Krysa says. "But the interesting thing is, when I do that, I end up getting creatively jazzed up again."

Fill your time with productive tasks that will indirectly lead you toward your goal, she suggests."

That inspires me more than the more direct "don't you dare step away from the blank page you're just staring at because right now is writing time."

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
It was a good article, blac. Thank you. Sometimes an article may not seem to apply to us individually on that first surface read, but if it spurs us to view our own situation in a different light, it can spark deeper thought. I have somewhat different negative talk and motivation issues than those addressed in the article, yet it does make me want to explore my own issues and look for more constructive ways of handling them.

vicky271

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! I've bookmarked it for future reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.